Gator XUV and winch mount for snow plow

/ Gator XUV and winch mount for snow plow #1  

proff49

I recently purchased a 620i and have been looking at snow plows and winch mounts. I've got the plow narrowed down to two but don't know what to do about a winch mount (already have a winch). The only info I can find talks about using the front receiver and a drawbar-type mount. I don't have a problem with this but it seems to me this could be to low to lift the blade high enough. Does anyone know of any mounts that are made for the front receiver or fit in the front bumper? I could make something for the front receiver to get the winch higher if I have to but I'd rather just buy something.

If anyone has any pics of their xuv with a winch and blade it would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I'm getting either the Eagle straight or v-blade, whichever funds allow when I decide to purchase it.

/ Gator XUV and winch mount for snow plow
No one is using a winch with a snow plow?

/ Gator XUV and winch mount for snow plow #3  
No one is using a winch with a snow plow?

C'mon, man! It's July!;)

Actually, depending on your Gator's front brush guard, Eagle plow has a winch mount that may do the trick.

Attachments

• Eagle Plow 003.jpg
    Eagle Plow 003.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 3,186
  • Gator Cab 018.jpg
    Gator Cab 018.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 2,774
Thanks for the pics. Looks like that will do it. I knew Eagle made one but the only picture I could find didn't show it well at all. It was use in conjunction with a larger brush guard/bumper and I couldn't tell how it mounted or if it could be used without the brush guard. This is what I was looking for.

C'mon, man! It's July!/QUOTE]

I know it's early. I just don't want the snow to be flying and me still trying to figure out what I want.

/ Gator XUV and winch mount for snow plow #5  
With a winch operated plow, there is no down pressure. Is that what you want?

It's not exactly what I want but the money is about all I can justify for no more than it will be used. I'm in southern Ohio and we don't get a lot of snow. Some years it won't get used at all. All I really expect to be able to do is get enough snow off so the sun can melt what is left, maybe use a little calcium to help it along. I can get a complete Eagle plow package for just over $600 shipped. If I see more of a need later on I can always get something better. I just done't want to spend $2000+ on something that might get used a few times a year.

What about mounting the winch to push tubes? I won't be using it for anything else so there is no need to have it mounted to the gator when I'm not plowing. It looks like it would be really easy to make a plate for the eagle push tubes to mount the winch on.

/ Gator XUV and winch mount for snow plow #8  
I'm sure it could be done if that is your preference, there is room. Some extra work to set up a mount plate, attachment point for the hook, and how you're going to hook up and disconnect wires seasonally.

Attachments

• Eagle Plow 005.jpg
    Eagle Plow 005.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 4,138
   / Gator XUV and winch mount for snow plow #9  
   / Gator XUV and winch mount for snow plow #10  
Yeah, if you aren't going to use it all that much, $600 would be a great way to go. I have the Deere V-plow and it works well, but I wouldn't want to pay that much to use it a couple of times a season.