Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #1  

rooster628

Need it for carrying my 15 gal sprayer for fence lines, cattle cubes, and late afternoon cruising around ranch with a cold one. Only interested in either Mule or Polaris and I don't think I care how fast it goes. Without worrying about $$$, please help me make a decision.

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #2  
If it was my decision, it would be polaris. Smoother ride, better clearance, very good 4wd, strong powerful motor, can be loaded with factory accessories if you like, wide and stable, higher payload and towing ratings and better looking IMHO. Ask yourself, why not the polaris?

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #3  
If it was my decision, it would be polaris. Smoother ride, better clearance, very good 4wd, strong powerful motor, can be loaded with factory accessories if you like, wide and stable, higher payload and towing ratings and better looking IMHO. Ask yourself, why not the polaris?

Everyone here (including myself) will vote for their favorite but if you drive each of them you will see that the Polaris has the best suspension and smoothest ride.

Radman1 is correct on all counts...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #4  
I have had a Polaris Ranger XP700 for two years and like you the speed was not issue...what I love is the unbelievably smooth ride. My neighbor has a Mule and Kubota and plans on going with Ranger this fall for ride. Only complaint I have is the excessive heat that comes in around the pedals and steering wheel...get some foam if you get one. You will be more than happy with the Ranger.

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #5  
No experience with the Polaris, but have a 3010 Trans4X4 Mule for about 3 or 4 years now and no complaints at all.
Not wanting to be mean or negative, but that Ranger looks like an ugly insect.:ashamed:

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #6  
I kinda think I would like a UTV myself to replace a 15 year old ATV. The price is what is keeping me from doing it. Where are the Mules made? I seen a sticker on the Ranger saying MN. I like the Ranger because i think it is more offroad capable. Mule seems to sit low to the ground with not much wheel travel but they seem bullet proof.

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #7  
If I didn't have a Kubota, my choice would be the Ranger as well...The ride is far better and it does have more top speed even thought that wasn't an issue for you.

My uncle has one and he uses it all over his farm. He loves it.

Drive them all before you make a decision. They all have their advatages in one way or another. You'll know the right one as soon as you drive it.

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #8  
I went through the same decision making process and got the Ranger 6x6 ....it is a fine working machine smooth, and as I don`t go very fast , the engine is relatively quiet.....Tony

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help
Thanks guys for the comments so far. I am leaning toward the Ranger and am going to call tomorrow to get a price an 2010. There are a few around still. Looked at one yesterday.

/ Mule Trans 3010 or Polaris Ranger - Help #10  
I've had my ranger over 2 years now and no problems. None of the others ride like a ranger, can carry as much, or tow as much. I have a good friend who has a mule and they are bullet proof. Its just not as capable off road or working. I like them both, but I think the ranger is superior. I've towed way more with mine than you should. And it will go just about anywhere it will fit(that can be a problem).