Buggy Bling for my RTV 500

/ Buggy Bling for my RTV 500 #1  

DIXIEDOG

Platinum Member
Tractor
International 2544 / Gator 825i/L2501/General
Ok, maybe not bling but since I used LEDs I'll call it bling anyway :laugh: I decided to put a couple Bluewater LEDs in my Kubota RTV to make up for the lack of lighting from the factory, the only light on the entire dash is the temp gauge....as RTV operators know with factory lighting you have to feel around to find your gear shift, 4 wheel drive lever, and differential lock.

This is a pic of the dash as it comes from the factory (Nevermind the little shine from in front that's just the headlights reflecting off my ultra high quality tarp cover :laughing:
BuggyBling002.jpg

Here's the dash after I put in a couple Bluewater LEDs....I wasn't sure this would work because I'm using these lights for indirect lighting..they are completely under the dash pointing away from the operator
BuggyBling003.jpg

Here's a close up of just the shifting gates with the Bluewaters on
BuggyBling001.jpg

On the plus side the lights even light up my winch switch mounted on the lower dash now :thumbsup:

These LEDs did exactly what I was looking for and they will make night time operation of my buggy much more enjoyable. Although this isn't a normal application for Bluewater LEDs work excellent for it :thumb: (Bluewater LEDs are most popularly used on bass boats...that's where I originally started using them but when I saw how crappy the factory lighting on my RTV was I decided to give em' a shot there too)

/ Buggy Bling for my RTV 500 #2  
Yeah, that's one thing Kubota should have done on all for the RTV's is have some dash backlighting. Plowing in the dark was a real pain.

/ Buggy Bling for my RTV 500
No doubt about that, that was the big push to get it done I'm going to be plowing snow with my buggy this winter and the lack of lighting has driven me batty with the little driving I've done at night. I hooked up the strobe lights to my roof and now I've got the shifting gates all lit up so I should be good to go. Another added benefit is if I need to check anything out under the hood it's also lit up well now:thumbsup:

/ Buggy Bling for my RTV 500
I'm not sure if anyone is interested in some LED light strips or not but here's where I buy mine Blue Water LED

There LEDs work very well, I've had them in my bass boat for quite awhile and they still look perfect. Bluewater lights don't yellow like others I've seen over time and he guarantees them for life so if you have a problem with them he makes it right.:thumbsup: