L3130 Kubota problem

/ L3130 Kubota problem #1  

nue2farm

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 3130
My five year old kubota started losing power and stalling while I was bushhogging. Let it sit for a while and it seems to run normally for a little while then it loses power again.:confused2:
I checked what little I knew to check so I need help, any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

/ L3130 Kubota problem #2  
Most manual say to check air filter also fuel filter..more so when operating dusty etc. use.

/ L3130 Kubota problem #3  
Basics 1st....Air filter and fuel filter...could also be heat related so check the rad isn't blocked..good luck.

/ L3130 Kubota problem #4  
Did you just put "new" fuel in it?

Maybe the "new"fuel is bad?

or a fuel system blockage of some sort.

tom

/ L3130 Kubota problem
Thanks for the suggestions. These are the things I have tried. I suspect the fuel, I did just get a delivery to my small farm tank (75 gal.) The driver did not purge the hose, that I noticed, after filling the unleaded gas tank. I thought a fuel problem would be an "all the time" problem. This happens after 30 to 60 minutes of bush hogging... losing power and stalling. Thanks for the help though

/ L3130 Kubota problem #6  
Thanks for the suggestions. These are the things I have tried. I suspect the fuel, I did just get a delivery to my small farm tank (75 gal.) The driver did not purge the hose, that I noticed, after filling the unleaded gas tank. I thought a fuel problem would be an "all the time" problem. This happens after 30 to 60 minutes of bush hogging... losing power and stalling. Thanks for the help though

Is it overheating?

/ L3130 Kubota problem
Not overheating, by the temp guage. I talked to a neighbor, retired diesel mechanic, he told me to get the contaminated fuel out of the tractor and try known fresh fuel to see what happens. I drained the tank went to the store, 10 miles away, got 6 gal #2 fuel, put it in and everything seems ok now.
I called the fuel supplier, told him what was going on. He said they would be out this week to suction out my farm tank and install new filter and fuel. I offered to split the difference on the cost between what I paid for last week and what it cost to refill with fresh fuel this week. They agreed, so, I guess the problem is solved. Thanks for all the replies and help.