Tieing Down Points

/ Tieing Down Points #1  

DIXIEDOG

Platinum Member
Tractor
International 2544 / Gator 825i/L2501/General
Where do you guys tie down your RTV's for trailering? I tie the front with a 2.5" strap around the front receiver hitch and I tie the back over the bar that connects the 2 frame rails so that I can bottom the suspension out for traveling down rough roads. Is there a better spot?

/ Tieing Down Points #2  
Where do you guys tie down your RTV's for trailering? I tie the front with a 2.5" strap around the front receiver hitch and I tie the back over the bar that connects the 2 frame rails so that I can bottom the suspension out for traveling down rough roads. Is there a better spot?

That's probably as good as your going to get.

On my 1100, I run behind the brush guard for the front and around the hitch reciever in the rear.

/ Tieing Down Points #3  
On my Trans Mule, I use two 1" straps with hooks on the front of the frame to the front of the trailer, one 1-1/2" strap with hooks across the front floorboard and attached slightly forward on the sides of the trailer and one 1-1/2" strap with hooks around the rear frame aft of the axle and attached slightly aft on the sides of the trailer. Four straps in total, each 1-1/2" strap has a working load of 1665 lbs.

/ Tieing Down Points #4  
On my old 550 Mule, I put "U-blots" w/straps on the front frame pipes for ratchet strap hooks. The back has chain links welded on the receiver tube that I put on the original hitch. ~~ grnspot110

/ Tieing Down Points #5  
Check your manual. It gives the preferred points for tie-down.

/ Tieing Down Points #6  
Most new motorcycle company's now recomend not to bottom out suspension's any more. I treat my RTV the same.If it was not on the trailer and going down that same road it would use it's suspension. Kinda makes sense. Compressing struts and shocks for long period's of time[which they are not designed for] is the reason they give.Front sturts would be my concern, But for short hauls I don't think it matter's.