RTV 900 Hydraulic Dump Vs Hand powered Dump

/ RTV 900 Hydraulic Dump Vs Hand powered Dump #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Still pondering the purchase of a Kubota RTV900. I've priced the RTV900 with Hydraulic dump and it's a thousand dollars more than the pull the lever and lift it one. If the bed has 1000lbs of dirt in it, how difficult is it to dump without the hydraulic dump? I will use the bed some but not to often but when I do, I want to be able to use it without getting a hernia! Those that have the dump beds that are not hydraulicly operated please give me your opinion.
Also, I'm sort of a trader and does the hydraulic dump bed sell quicker, I mean much quicker while recooping the extra cost vs the hand dump bed?

/ RTV 900 Hydraulic Dump Vs Hand powered Dump #2  
Before I bought my rtv900 I was looking at the new Kubota 500 with manual dump, now that I've had it 2 years I love the hydrulic dump, glad I got it. It's great when I cut wood. I say If you have the extra money go for it.

/ RTV 900 Hydraulic Dump Vs Hand powered Dump #3  
John, two things, 1, get the power dump and 2, you're getting a good price to start with and keep me in mind when you get ready to sell it.:thumbsup:

/ RTV 900 Hydraulic Dump Vs Hand powered Dump #4  
John...sounds like others like the hydraulic dump...as I mentioned on the Orange thread...I have...so far...not seen a need for it. I have not dumped when full of dirt...so time will tell.

BTW...one option I did not get was power steering...did not think it was "necessary". If I were to buy again I would get the model that has power steering. Turning when not "under way" is a bit if work. Example would be when turning around on a trail to go the opposite direction...you will get stronger arms :)

Not sure if the Kubota has PS as standard or an option...would be one of my must haves if I were to buy again...ahead of hydraulic dump.

FWIW...Tom R

/ RTV 900 Hydraulic Dump Vs Hand powered Dump #5  
Not sure if the Kubota has PS as standard or an option...would be one of my must haves if I were to buy again...ahead of hydraulic dump.

FWIW...Tom R

I believe PS is standard. My wife has arthritic wrists and has no trouble driving our 900. She didn't test drive any of the competitors without PS, but I doubt she could have driven them.

Steve

/ RTV 900 Hydraulic Dump Vs Hand powered Dump #6  
We bought our Gator HPX specifically because my wife wanted a UTV with a hydraulic dump bed. It's a wonderful convenience- sure beats the heck out of manually unloading!

/ RTV 900 Hydraulic Dump Vs Hand powered Dump
Thanks for replies. I'm sure the RTV900 has power steering.
Looks like it will be worksite model with power dump. Someone mentioned grill guard comes with power dump and they felt grill guard well worth a couple hundred dollars.
Milkman: Maybe Barlows will give us a better price if we both buy at the same time. Don't wait on my old one, get a new one with me.:D

/ RTV 900 Hydraulic Dump Vs Hand powered Dump #8  
Thanks for replies. I'm sure the RTV900 has power steering.
Looks like it will be worksite model with power dump. Someone mentioned grill guard comes with power dump and they felt grill guard well worth a couple hundred dollars.
Milkman: Maybe Barlows will give us a better price if we both buy at the same time. Don't wait on my old one, get a new one with me.:D

Get the grill guard, if nothing else it gives a tie down for hauling. I've used my hydro dump more than I thought I would. On the 500 I had to lighten the bed to dump it. Not on the 1100. The 900 would be the same.

/ RTV 900 Hydraulic Dump Vs Hand powered Dump #9  
Good call on getting the hydraulic dump. I've got a RTV 500 and even with the smaller bed if I have it loaded tight with wood it's all you want to dump. I'll likely upgrade mine with some sort of electric bed lift in the future.

/ RTV 900 Hydraulic Dump Vs Hand powered Dump #10  
I owned a john deere with the electric motor/hydraulic dump and bought a RTV 900 mainly because of a true hydraulic driven dump. It is strong beyond belief and quick in the dump.
Go ahead and buy the hydraulic dump you will be glad you did.
J D