3 point hitch to Reese 2" hitch Use RTV to pull Fertilize spreader

/ 3 point hitch to Reese 2" hitch Use RTV to pull Fertilize spreader #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
I have a Ferguson Overseeder that is pulled by my tractor. I'd rather pull it with my soon to own RTV.
I've seen a hitch on this site that has an electric motor to raise a snow blade being pulled by a truck.
Need input of how anyone else has used their RTV to pull/push 3 point hitch implements that don't require power take off to operate.
Also pulling a boxblade may be OK.
Pictures of Overseeder, boxblade and plow.

Attachments

• P1050247.jpg
    P1050247.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 433
  • P1050254.jpg
    P1050254.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 360
  • P1050270.JPG
    P1050270.JPG
    987.4 KB · Views: 522
  • P1050271.jpg
    P1050271.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 496
  • P1050272.jpg
    P1050272.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 336
  • P1050282.JPG
    P1050282.JPG
    985 KB · Views: 418
  • P1060519.jpg
    P1060519.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 747
  • P1060520.jpg
    P1060520.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 1,095
   / 3 point hitch to Reese 2" hitch Use RTV to pull Fertilize spreader #2  
No help, but I'm curious as to why you would rather use the RTV than your tractor.

FYI, I had to cut 1/2" (+/-) off a Reese ball mount to get the retaining pin holes of my 900's receiver and the ball mount to line up.

Steve

/ 3 point hitch to Reese 2" hitch Use RTV to pull Fertilize spreader
No help, but I'm curious as to why you would rather use the RTV than your tractor.

FYI, I had to cut 1/2" (+/-) off a Reese ball mount to get the retaining pin holes of my 900's receiver and the ball mount to line up.

Steve
Tractor is a BX25 which has a backhoe installed. Have to take backhoe off and then reinstall. I know I will have to do it with my tiller since I have to have the PTO. To pull up with RTV and hook up plow, overseeder or boxblade and take off will be so much quicker and easier, in my mind since I don't have the RTV yet.
The overseeder is used by me and my brother and it just has to be able to be lifted a bit off driveway/gravel road and then it just plainly rolls and drops seed. Easier and quicker, I believe, with RTV.
Also some additional mental justification for buying RTV.:D

/ 3 point hitch to Reese 2" hitch Use RTV to pull Fertilize spreader #4  
Easier and quicker, I believe, with RTV.
Also some additional mental justification for buying RTV.:D

You are overlooking the obvious solution. Buy the RTV and a second tractor that doesn't have a backhoe!:)

Steve

You are overlooking the obvious solution. Buy the RTV and a second tractor that doesn't have a backhoe!:)

Steve
RIGHT!!:laughing:
Also when the BH removed the 3ph arms have to be installed and taken back off when reinstalling the BH.
A BX1860 or B2320 would probably pull the implements and even the tiller. Hmmmmm.
Better get this one bought before moving on to another one.:)

/ 3 point hitch to Reese 2" hitch Use RTV to pull Fertilize spreader #6  
Johnthomas,as owner of both a BX and an RTV 900 I am sure it could be done with some time,money, and effort. I'am not sure you could get the same results with a back blade on an RTV as with a tractor with instant control 3 point.A plow maybe.Overseeder seems like to most likly as you could just add some sort of Hyd. wheels to lift it up when not in use,like a transport disc. hitch change would seem easy. Most folks I now don't use the backhoe all that much,It would seem easier to switch that out when 3 point is needed.With the right hoe dolly and some practice changed should be a breeze. Just my thought's, PS you'll going to love that RTV

/ 3 point hitch to Reese 2" hitch Use RTV to pull Fertilize spreader #7  
You may want to check out Dirtworks by Kolpin. They have an electric 3-point hitch that plugs into the 2" rear receiver, as well as a trailer type 3-point hitch with electric lift. I have seen them on Arends Bros. website (search "the green dealer"). They're a Deere dealer, but I think the Dirtworks items are pretty universal.

Johnthomas,as owner of both a BX and an RTV 900 I am sure it could be done with some time,money, and effort. I'am not sure you could get the same results with a back blade on an RTV as with a tractor with instant control 3 point.A plow maybe.Overseeder seems like to most likly as you could just add some sort of Hyd. wheels to lift it up when not in use,like a transport disc. hitch change would seem easy. Most folks I now don't use the backhoe all that much,It would seem easier to switch that out when 3 point is needed.With the right hoe dolly and some practice changed should be a breeze. Just my thought's, PS you'll going to love that RTV
I like the wheels idea for the overseeder which is really the main implement that Iwant to use with the RTV. Can do boxblade and or plow work with tractor when I have 3ph on for tiller work. Have never used the plow and probably never will.
I'm also considering some type of lift chain or cable to lift the overseeder up while going across drive way or street.

You may want to check out Dirtworks by Kolpin. They have an electric 3-point hitch that plugs into the 2" rear receiver, as well as a trailer type 3-point hitch with electric lift. I have seen them on Arends Bros. website (search "the green dealer"). They're a Deere dealer, but I think the Dirtworks items are pretty universal.

Thanks. I'll look and see what the cost is. There's one that does this on ebay for around $300 give or take $50 but don't think it's worth that much money to me now. Course never know what ideas will come up after getting the RTV.

/ 3 point hitch to Reese 2" hitch Use RTV to pull Fertilize spreader #9  
I bought a 3-point hitch from rtvhitchworks it works great. i use it for planting foodplots you tube videos are good

/ 3 point hitch to Reese 2" hitch Use RTV to pull Fertilize spreader #10  
Interesting thread; thanks for the links.

I was out today broadcasting manure and stall hay on my place the old fashion way; with a trailer and pitch fork...ugh!

what a crappy deal. :laughing:

Blisters:(

Ditto on "your'e gonna love your RTV".