New 855D on the way

/ New 855D on the way #1  

JESSE1

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 6400
I ordered a JD 855D a few weeks ago. Supposed to be here around Jan. 7. I've had my HPX diesel over six years now and figured it was time for a change. The new one is pretty well loaded, glass windshield, light kits, bumpers and fender guards. I hope it turns out to be as good as my HPX has been.

/ New 855D on the way #2  
Congrats, I would love to hear your opinions on the machine as you use it. I am going to be in the market this summer for a new UTV and I am going with a new Gator. The Diesel would be nice but I am leaning gas due to once in a great while I like to go out and rip around a little.

I am very impressed with the machines tough. -Keith

/ New 855D on the way
I test drove the gas model but that high-reving engine would take some getting used to. Tachometer showed it to be turning 3000rpm before it even began moving. It did sound good at idle. I like the relatively slow speed diesel even though it turns about 3600rpm's at full throttle.

/ New 855D on the way #4  
Congrats, sounds like a great unit. When will we be seeing the pics?:D

/ New 855D on the way #6  
That's going to feel like a mighty long couple weeks isn't it? :laughing: The waiting for new toys is always tough.

/ New 855D on the way #7  
Weight is listed at 1600 #. A little lite for the class it is in. To me a heavy structure would be important. Maybe with high strength steel it doesn't make a difference. What are they going with for power... Yanmar ???? I heard somewhere JD is developing or haveing developed a new line of diesel engines. last but not least what is the ball park retail of the 855D with cab ? They are getting to be a very pricey class of vehicle also. Hope it works well for you. I'm looking for the used RTV 1100 which I feel is also a great UTV. Local dealer stated they felt a couple would be coming back in spring, trades or possibly lease units.

/ New 855D on the way
JD is still using Yanmar engines in the XUV's. I've had good luck with them. I won't be using it for heavy work, that's what I've got tractors for. Mainly running around the pasture checking on cows, pulling my welding trailer and hauling feed.

/ New 855D on the way #9  
JESSE1, curious how many hours you put on your HPX these last six years? I know you'll appreciate the upgrade to the XUV, with a nicer ride, a little more speed, etc.
Where did you buy a glass windshield? I'm getting one from Prosum, at least I hope to if Scott will call me back to finalize the deal :confused:

/ New 855D on the way
I have nearly 800 hrs on the HPX. The glass windshield is an option from JD. You can build one on the JD website and check off the options you want. It's in the list of accessories you can add. Supposed to have a WW wiper and a fold up lower section.