Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Default Re: John Deere Gator XUV 625i

Thanks for all the help. As long as the 625i will do what I need I think that's the option I'll take. I can use the $ savings on some accessories and I really don't need the extra speed. From what I can tell, other than the powerplant, the two units are basically the same. Thanks again for all of the input.

Tractor
    JD 4610 eHydro w/ 460 FEL, JD 3140 w/GB 660 FEL

Bear - sorry for the short post - I do not get many chances to log on. For sure the 625 has lots of power (as I remember it) but the things I did not know that were standard on the 825 when I ordered mine are:

1. big electrical system ( around 300W vs 1000W)
    2. rear lights - with the cab window its really hard to backup at night and I do a lot of on road driving at night in the winter.
    3. The gauge package which is a lot nicer than the dummy lights on the 625.

Ignore if you've ordered and trust me the 625 is a real blast of a workhorse but if I had known these things I would of spent the extra - heck the way the 625s going I may still get a chance.

I love to post pics when I can get on. This was taken on Dec 23 - still had lots of nice yellow leaved maples and a, sniff - 625 to ride - sigh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -pc230080-jpg  
    JD 4610 eHydro w/460 FEL - best stress relief I've ever had! JD 3140 with SG2 cab and a big loader- a country boys dream, '11 625i with deluxe cab - ride it every night

Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Thanks for the feed back Interlaux. I noticed they have as an option a high capacity alternator. I may have to include that so I am not limited if I want to add anything that might draw more amps in the future. Glad to hear it has plenty of power.

Tractor
    JD 4610 eHydro w/ 460 FEL, JD 3140 w/GB 660 FEL

Got the 625 back a couple of weeks ago and I want to say that I was out of line on the lemon thing.

I had a list of cab related things like: crooked hood so the front window would not seal, seat belt rcv. was rubbing the seat, loose latch on back window etc...

AND

a "missing" upper right rear CV boot - a little background I spent $1600 at the dealer for all new cvs, axles boots in Nov on the 07 HPX so I and just a bit touchy on the whole boot thing and I now check all the boots all the time and this one was just the parts around the straps. also the left rear inner rim was all "rubbed" up.

When I let the "L" word fly the dealer had the unit for over a week and had not touched it

They were one day short of having it for 3 weeks when I picked her up but ....

NO Charge! for something I (hum I do have son who rides??) did. Must of picked up a stick.

Maybe a bit slow but fine customer service when I think about it.

I told the service mgr I'd make it up to him but hopefully not too soon.

The 625 is a blast -

Bear whens yours going to be in ??? pictures please
    JD 4610 eHydro w/460 FEL - best stress relief I've ever had! JD 3140 with SG2 cab and a big loader- a country boys dream, '11 625i with deluxe cab - ride it every night

Tractor
    Kubota B2620

I've had it for a couple of weeks now. Still waiting for the poly cab doors and rear panel to arrive. Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to use it much yet but it has plenty of power for my needs and I'm happy with the unit. I purchased a SnowSport 72" ATV plow and put it together last weekend. I wanted to be able to take it on and off easily (front receiver mount) and since my driveway is around a half mile I won't have to change the angle manually very often. It seems well made but I haven't had the opportunity to see how well it actually plows snow. I'll update once I've tried it. Thanks for your update.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 2320; 4520

So you are happy with it??

John M

Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Yes, so far I am happy with it. It has plenty of power. Still haven't tried plowing with it but I'm not complaining about the lack of snow since I got it. Thanks for all of your help

I have had a 620 since 11/09 and have been pleased. Pleanty of power and the winch helps tons. I hunt, plow and haul with it and it has performed well.

Tractor
    Gator 625i

I have a new Gator 625i. Spent 450 dollars on it last fall at the dealers for an overheating problem. Never did find out what was wrong but they replaced the battery and a wiring harness plug on the engine. Got it home and a few weeks later the starter would not crank the engine. After tearing my hair out, I found the starter circuit fuse blown. Then the battery went dead a week later. Took the new John Deere battery to Auto Zone for testing. It was fine. The staff there told me to see if the voltage increased at the battery terminals after the engine was started. It did not, so I checked the charging circuit fuse and it was blown. I replaced the fuse and a month later the gator quit running 3/4 miles from the house in the mud by our wood lot. The battery was dead again. Took a jump box to the gator and cranked the engine. It ran for a few seconds and died. After checking the machine for blown fuses, I found the fuel pump fuse was blown. Replaced the fuel pump fuse and the pump ran for a few seconds and quit. Checked the fuel pump fuse again and it was fine. I ended up dragging the SOB up to the house with a tow rope, where it now sits, while I try to figure out what is wrong with the fuel pump. I won't go back to the JD dealer as the problems got worse after they had it in the shop. This machine is not ready for prime time. I have just a little over 100 hours on it. We use it for light tasks on the farm, mostly just hauling me around as I have trouble walking. I wished I had bought a new Honda or kubota utv instead.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2012 L4600

Sorry of hear of your difficulties with that XUV 625i. By chance, does that model have the Chinese manufactured engine?
    2012 RTV900XT Camo
    2006 ZD28 Zero Turn
    2012 L4600 w/FEL
    2010 Gold Wing/ABS

Democrats-Spreading your wealth since 1932

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast