Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680e BX25D RTV1140

Default No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents)

I live up on a hill where the Streets are not taken in by the county for maintenance, like salt and snow removal.
    Bought a RTV1140 for summer fun with my Twin 6 year old Grands. If I hadn't of had it this year I would have had to go get them on my BX25 which I wouldn't have wanted to do. Maybe in the 4wd Dodge Ram but it's not great on ice in decending sloped curves. Any way, using my RTV1140 in the winter. Have had to go get them 5 or 6 times already this year. Worst (most, best)snow year since I've lived here.
    All Grandparents should have a RTV1140 if they have more than one Grand child. One of the other RTV's if less Grands unless they take the spouse. Course I do strap the Grands up front together so a RTV900 might have worked.
    Street curves going down but Grands like coming straight up through the fields so who am I to tell them no. 4WD M does it all the way without a slip and worksite tires. Went across a ditch which took a few wheels off the ground and heeled in dif lock till across it and then pedal to the metal the rest of the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -p1070246-jpg   -p1070248-jpg   -p1070253-jpg   -p1070252-jpg   -p1070255-jpg  

-p1070256-jpg   -p1070257-jpg   -p1070258-jpg  
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, .. Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 15 Subaru Outback. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents)

no doubt your grandkids having fun in your toys. I would get one too if it was legal to drive on a highway. my kids schools is located RIGHT ON the highway and less then a mile from my home. Any ideas anyone?

Tractor
    NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw 61" ZTR

Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    no doubt your grandkids having fun in your toys. I would get one too if it was legal to drive on a highway. my kids schools is located RIGHT ON the highway and less then a mile from my home. Any ideas anyone?
    Maybe it's just me, but I would be hesitant to drive a UTV/ATV on a highway that gets any sort of traffic, even if it was legal. And I wouldn't drive it on the highway if I had kids on-board. There's not much there to protect the driver/passengers if someone hits you. My opinion is colored by the loss of a neighbor who was struck and killed while driving his Gator on a country road. Just my

Steve

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    Mile by road? How far as the crow flys? Can you cut across open (if there is any) property to get there?
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, .. Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 15 Subaru Outback. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Gold Member
    Tractor
    RTV1100 2009

I agree with Steve, just not safe. I hate having the kids on board when doing the driveway in case someone strays off the road. Too many fast drivers with no respect for anything else on the road.

JohnThomas, looks like you need a hard top the way the canvas is flapping!

Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
    Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

Looking at those pics and the way the grandkids have taken to it, I think you paid WAY too little for that machine.

Edit: And you waited too long too.
    Hate is like drinking poison, hoping your enemy will die. unknown author

Veteran Member
    Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St. Louis.
    Tractor
    Bobcat 235, Gravely ZTR.

Your place looks very nice ... great view with the snow cover.

Treasure all your time with the grandkids.

MoKelly

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Snow day today here and we have three grands at our house.

We have 335 acres here, so we can stay off the roads.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by smstonypoint View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I would be hesitant to drive a UTV/ATV on a highway that gets any sort of traffic, even if it was legal. And I wouldn't drive it on the highway if I had kids on-board. There's not much there to protect the driver/passengers if someone hits you. My opinion is colored by the loss of a neighbor who was struck and killed while driving his Gator on a country road. Just my

Steve
    I agree with you - it was just wishful thinking on my part. I think it would save me good chunk of gas/ethanol and gives me an excuse to get a 300 gallon tank for diesel. (OH CALLING LBROWN! where art thou?? need you to post your fuel station again! )

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNTHOMAS View Post
    Mile by road? How far as the crow flys? Can you cut across open (if there is any) property to get there?
    I wish I could- I would need explicit permission to drive on thier lands daily. One is a farmer with soybeans/corn and the other is personal property. I dont think they would like it, as I wouldn't- so not going to try.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Looking at those pics and the way the grandkids have taken to it, I think you paid WAY too little for that machine.

Edit: And you waited too long too.
    Interesting that I spent more time trying to convince myself to buy this RTV and the BH than anything else, well I guess the expensive wheelbarrow (FEL) for the front of my first life time mower (BX2200) and don't think I'd give any one of them up now. Also couldn't give up the F's for mowing.
    Guess this can be a tip for others. Lots of times one can't think they need some thing until they get it and start using it.
    Toothbar, got it and didn't do much for me. RatchetRake I figured I'd use it and I do. Boxblade wasn't sure but use it a lot. Landscape rake figured I'd use it and did for awhile but sold it. Ferguson overseeder figured I'd use it and do. Tiller, had to buy it back from neighbor before I started using it. Single bottom Plow from Milkman, still haven't used it but it sure is purty. Funnel shaped fertilizer spreader, sold it to my nephew. QH's use but sold Pat's and kept cheaper ons and use the one that lets the implement sit below or above the arm. Horse drawn Disc harrow still decoration in front yard.