No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents)

/ No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents) #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
I live up on a hill where the Streets are not taken in by the county for maintenance, like salt and snow removal.
Bought a RTV1140 for summer fun with my Twin 6 year old Grands. If I hadn't of had it this year I would have had to go get them on my BX25 which I wouldn't have wanted to do. Maybe in the 4wd Dodge Ram but it's not great on ice in decending sloped curves. Any way, using my RTV1140 in the winter. Have had to go get them 5 or 6 times already this year. Worst (most, best)snow year since I've lived here.
All Grandparents should have a RTV1140 if they have more than one Grand child. One of the other RTV's if less Grands unless they take the spouse. Course I do strap the Grands up front together so a RTV900 might have worked.:)
Street curves going down but Grands like coming straight up through the fields so who am I to tell them no.:) 4WD M does it all the way without a slip and worksite tires. Went across a ditch which took a few wheels off the ground and heeled in dif lock till across it and then pedal to the metal the rest of the way.

Attachments

• P1070246.jpg
    P1070246.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 168
  • P1070248.jpg
    P1070248.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 146
  • P1070253.jpg
    P1070253.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 179
  • P1070252.jpg
    P1070252.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 155
  • P1070255.jpg
    P1070255.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 154
  • P1070256.jpg
    P1070256.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 154
  • P1070257.jpg
    P1070257.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 150
  • P1070258.jpg
    P1070258.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 264
   / No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents) #2  
no doubt your grandkids having fun in your toys. I would get one too if it was legal to drive on a highway. my kids schools is located RIGHT ON the highway and less then a mile from my home. Any ideas anyone?:)

/ No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents) #3  
no doubt your grandkids having fun in your toys. I would get one too if it was legal to drive on a highway. my kids schools is located RIGHT ON the highway and less then a mile from my home. Any ideas anyone?:)

Maybe it's just me, but I would be hesitant to drive a UTV/ATV on a highway that gets any sort of traffic, even if it was legal. And I wouldn't drive it on the highway if I had kids on-board. There's not much there to protect the driver/passengers if someone hits you. My opinion is colored by the loss of a neighbor who was struck and killed while driving his Gator on a country road. Just my :2cents:

Steve

/ No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents)
Mile by road? How far as the crow flys? Can you cut across open (if there is any) property to get there?

/ No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents) #5  
I agree with Steve, just not safe. I hate having the kids on board when doing the driveway in case someone strays off the road. Too many fast drivers with no respect for anything else on the road.

JohnThomas, looks like you need a hard top the way the canvas is flapping!

/ No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents) #6  
Looking at those pics and the way the grandkids have taken to it, I think you paid WAY too little for that machine.:laughing::laughing:

Edit: And you waited too long too.

/ No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents) #7  
Your place looks very nice ... great view with the snow cover.

Treasure all your time with the grandkids.

MoKelly

/ No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents) #8  
Snow day today here and we have three grands at our house.:thumbsup:

We have 335 acres here, so we can stay off the roads.

/ No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents) #9  
Maybe it's just me, but I would be hesitant to drive a UTV/ATV on a highway that gets any sort of traffic, even if it was legal. And I wouldn't drive it on the highway if I had kids on-board. There's not much there to protect the driver/passengers if someone hits you. My opinion is colored by the loss of a neighbor who was struck and killed while driving his Gator on a country road. Just my :2cents:

Steve

I agree with you - it was just wishful thinking on my part. I think it would save me good chunk of gas/ethanol and gives me an excuse to get a 300 gallon tank for diesel. (OH CALLING LBROWN! where art thou?? need you to post your fuel station again! :laughing:)

Mile by road? How far as the crow flys? Can you cut across open (if there is any) property to get there?

I wish I could- I would need explicit permission to drive on thier lands daily. One is a farmer with soybeans/corn and the other is personal property. I dont think they would like it, as I wouldn't- so not going to try. ;)

/ No school and I live up on a hill (Grandparents)
Looking at those pics and the way the grandkids have taken to it, I think you paid WAY too little for that machine.:laughing::laughing:

Edit: And you waited too long too.
:laughing::laughing: Interesting that I spent more time trying to convince myself to buy this RTV and the BH than anything else, well I guess the expensive wheelbarrow (FEL) for the front of my first life time mower (BX2200) and don't think I'd give any one of them up now. Also couldn't give up the F's for mowing.
Guess this can be a tip for others. Lots of times one can't think they need some thing until they get it and start using it.
Toothbar, got it and didn't do much for me. RatchetRake I figured I'd use it and I do. Boxblade wasn't sure but use it a lot. Landscape rake figured I'd use it and did for awhile but sold it. Ferguson overseeder figured I'd use it and do. Tiller, had to buy it back from neighbor before I started using it. Single bottom Plow from Milkman, still haven't used it but it sure is purty. Funnel shaped fertilizer spreader, sold it to my nephew. QH's use but sold Pat's and kept cheaper ons and use the one that lets the implement sit below or above the arm. Horse drawn Disc harrow still decoration in front yard.