Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Bronze Member

Default Just bought a rhino clone

Ordered a Chinese Rhino Clone from Chip(Bluechip here) at Artrac tractor in Clarksville,Ar. Price was good and he's actually closer than the nearest Yamaha dealer. He's got a good reputation as a tractor dealer, that's what sealed the deal. I knew I was taking a chance on a Chinese machine(Hisun by Massimo Motor); but I'm not entirely sure the real Rhino is not manufactured there as well.I know it's assembled in the USA(Yamaha). Truthfully, if I could have found a real rhino new for 2 grand more ,I would have bought it. This was at least $2500 to $3000 less(plus shipping). Plus, it has a much longer warranty. I actually could afford to buy the real one. I realize it's not worth the savings if it's a pos. Very mixed reviews online. Near as I can tell, dealer prep has a lot to do with how reliable these are. I've seen people brag about over 2 thousand trouble free miles;I've also read the horror stories.( usually not from the owner;could be they're embarrassed to say they wasted their money).I spoke to another dealer in south Arkansas who has been selling these since 08. Said he's sold over 200 units, and they are holding up well. He did say that he quit selling the Rzr clone due to quality issues. I ordered the 2011 Massimo 700 efi ,camo, top,winch and chrome wheels.Hopefully have it early next week. Artrac does the assembly from crate,which I like. I still plan on going over bike before I ride it. I'll be using this on my farm for spraying hay fields,fence lines etc. I'm not a dealer, have no investing interest in Chinese machines. Hoping I got a good price on a machine that works for me.I'll let you know how it works out(good or bad).

Tom

Tractor
    2014 John Deere X534

Default Re: Just bought a rhino clone

After 3000 miles, wright up a review on what all you had to replace on it.
    Why I said 3000, the wife and I had 2 new, identical 2007, 700 Yamaha Grizzlies with 3800 miles on each of them, not one problem.
    Hours=(20.2)-2014 X534,bought May 29th,2 spinner knobs,brush guard,convert-a-ball front and rear,mulch kit,Gator blades,J/D 10P cart,4 suitcase weights,Brinly 24x36 poly lawn roller.Markcuda.com
    "if you like your healthcare,you can keep it"
    "if you like your doctor,you can keep them"

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 & RTV1100

Tom,

Good luck on your new machine. A dealer here sells a Chinese quad and so far the people who have bought them have been pretty happy. He doesn't have them in a UTV yet, so I can't speak to them.

As you stated, you're taking a savings risk, but I think the odds are probably in your favor.

We need pictures when you get it..TBN rules: Without pictures, it never happened!!!

Congrats on the new machine and enjoy
    BX23TLB & RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

I bought a Yamaha Rhino in 2004 ( it was the 05 model) I just recently sold it this past fall. I used it just about every single day on the farm and riding the trails. I plowed my road constantly with it also. It didn't have an odometer or hour meter but I bet it had no less than 5,000 hours on it. It was an absolute tank. I had to replace a few wheel bearings and two belts and that was it.
    I say do yourself a favor and spend the money on the real McCoy.
    Father, GNCC racer, KTM rider, Bow hunter, Farm owner.
    Kubota MX5100
    Dodge 2500 CTD
    Yamaha YZ 250

Tractor
    New Holland 3040 w/ cab and CVT

[QUOTE=thomascw;2237793] I knew I was taking a chance on a Chinese machine(Hisun by Massimo Motor); but I'm not entirely sure the real Rhino is not manufactured there as well.I know it's assembled in the USA(Yamaha).

Yamaha is Japanese not Chinese. I hope you don't have any troubles but it is not a chance I would take. I have the Honda Rubicon.

Bronze Member

Markcuda, I don't know how old you are. It doesn't really matter though. I suspect that by the time I get 3000 miles; you wouldn't remember what the **** I was talking about.I know I wouldn't. I just sold a '99 prairie 300 (to one of my best friends) with right at 500 miles. I bought it new. I also bought a 2000 arctic cat 500 around the same time. It has 600 miles on it. Of the 2, the arctic cat has been a lot better. Much more reliable, kind of clunky/heavy/ not sporty at all/crappy finish on plastic. It nearly always starts in 30 seconds or less,even after sitting for over a month. I rode it a lot harder,mud holes, big *** 589 tires etc. my buddy that bought the prairie has a honda foreman(i think 400) from the same era. He says he wishes that he would have bought the arctic cat.Mine was cheaper. At the time, arctic cat was kinda new to atv's. They certainly didn't( nor do they now) have honda's reputation.Believe me, I'd like to buy USA,but it's nearly impossible. I think arctic cat is as close as you can get to made in US.(even though my arctic cat has a suzuki motor). Nearly everything is manufactured somewhere besides here. My atv is built tough, I can't tell that the prowlers are made as well. Lots of weak parts,plus a lot more money. This new utv doesn't have to be as tough as my atv for my needs. I'm cautiously optimistic. Like I said, I have no agenda or reason to be other than completely forthcoming. I'm too old to get embarrassed about something as trivial as a utv.

Tom
    ps, not trying to offend or sound too defensive, I really believe the yamaha is better made(I sure hope it is).

Bronze Member

Sumpter, I realize that Yamaha is Japanese. The Rhino is assembled in the US(I think Georgia). But, how many of the parts are actually built in china? I bet nearly all. The new gator xuv 850i(gas) is getting a chinese 3 cylinder.The Chevy Equinox originally came out with a chinese engine. Just try to buy a compact tractor made in the USA(can't be done). We don't make it here anymore. We are all part of the problem, I guess. On the other hand, it's my money. Disposable income, not relying on this for my life or even my income. Just a hobby.

timswi, thanks,not too handy with the photos, maybe chip can do it. If not, I'll try.

Bronze Member

scesnick, too late.I already paid deposit. I guess I could back out, I'm kinda old school though. I shook hands on it.

Tom

Tractor
    2014 John Deere X534

Just try to buy a compact tractor made in the USA(can't be done).
    Isn't the 2305 John Deere made in Georgia?
    That is made in America enough for me.
    Hours=(20.2)-2014 X534,bought May 29th,2 spinner knobs,brush guard,convert-a-ball front and rear,mulch kit,Gator blades,J/D 10P cart,4 suitcase weights,Brinly 24x36 poly lawn roller.Markcuda.com
    "if you like your healthcare,you can keep it"
    "if you like your doctor,you can keep them"

Bronze Member

Markcuda, I guess you're right about the John Deere. Although the engine and injection system, I believe, is Yanmar. I know Yanmar is Japanese, figure the engine is made in Japan(could be China or India for all I know). Still, probably more American made than my kubota L4630 cab. I busted a hydraulic assist steering box on it this past summer,$1100 (US),made in Japan. There are no absolutes, The Honda Big Red may be made in the US, but was too big for me. I kinda wanted something I could fit in a pickup. Anyway, time will tell if I was being frugal or foolish.

Tom
    ps, now you got me arguing with myself. American Sportworks sound like they should be made in the USA. I didn't have a dealer close,that I know of.Not sure if they handle the mud/muck as well as the Rhino(hopefully the clone too). I've got about 20 acres with levees for duck hunting, I'm planning on planting millet this spring, and baling it before I flood it next fall. Real muddy and rough.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast