Kubota 900 RTV

/ Kubota 900 RTV #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
I have a line on a used 2006 Kubota 900 RTV with glass windshield, canopy top, spray in bed liner, factory winch and hydraulic dump bed and front bumper guard for $8750. It only has 68 hours run time. I was wondering if this was a good deal. Everything looks new on it. Owner bought it in Feb 07 and not used it much at all. He keeps it garaged all time and changes the oil once per year. I read some reviews on the 2006 model and it has some mixed sentiments over shifting and front drive shaft issue of CV joint reliability, but other than that it seems to have good marks. I was also wondering if anyone knows of any issues with a 2006 model that I should be looking out for. This one hasnt ran enough to damage anything I dont believe.

/ Kubota 900 RTV #2  
I purchased a new summer of 2008 RTV900 construction version without roof and window. Paid $11,000. I have 140 hours and feel I don't really use it much, so 68 is very low hours...hope this helps.

/ Kubota 900 RTV #3  
I do not think I would be afraid of this model,from what I know they can be hard to get into gear when cold and when not steeping on brake pedal hard enough to release hydro presure once you get used to taking your time it works.My 09 will even to this at times when I forget and rush it on a hill or plowing snow with weight against the blade.As for the cv joints other than some torn boots I don't know of any real problems my friends with this model has had,his has over 450 hrs.For price comparison you can check the internet or build my Kubota to come up with a new price, gives you some thing to compare.make sure to drive it before you buy it

/ Kubota 900 RTV #4  
I purchased mine in June of 2006. Have a little over 200 hours and have not had any issues at all. Mine has the dump bed and front guard but not the other items you mentioned. I paid $10,500 for it back then which I didn't consider a bad deal. Mine has the pressure relief pull out knob on the dash for when it sticks in gear but I find I don't need to use it all that often. I really love mine for what I use it for. Hope this helps.

/ Kubota 900 RTV #5  
I also bought new in June 2006 the RTV 900 camo version with the dump bed and hardtop. I've got only about 80 hours on mine... no issues to date. It can be hard to shift on a steeper incline and it is loud and it doesn't go well in mud or snow with the stock worksite tires on it. However, it is built like a tank and hauls everything I can load on it including firewood that I cut and sell, hay, rock and downed big game including an 800 lb elk once.

Buy it, use it, work it and don't look back. It's not a toy, but a piece of work equipment. If you want a toy for the yard in a suburban neighborhood, you won't be happy with the RTV.

/ Kubota 900 RTV #6  
Ours is 3 years old, had the relief knob on the dash. 420 hours, with the lug tires and gets around very well. Dump bed, winch, snow plow. Sometimes wish it had a windshield or roof :) We love ours, it get used every day for hauling hay to the horses. It's made it through axle deep sloppy mud.

Ken

/ Kubota 900 RTV
Well I havent seen it yet, but I am the proud owner of a 2006 Kubota 900 RTV with 68 hours My brother in law accepted it for me last evening and paid the previous owner the full $8750. The guy was nice enough to deliver it directly to my house which saved my BIL about 180 miles of towing a trailer and it got to me a day early. He said it was everything the guy said and then some. Looked brand new. I am waiting on some photos of it today. It has the tractor type lug tires so it should go in the mud. I will probably be looking at how to put some doors on it or else see what Kubota has for doors for winter use.

/ Kubota 900 RTV #8  
We've had ours now for three years, about 300 hours on it. It gets the job done, but if you live where it is hilly and need to change gears or go into reverse it is a royal pain. Stop, pull out the choke knob (actually transmission pressure valve) wait a few seconds for the pressure to bleed off, then shift. It works and gets the job done, but Kubota did a very poor job on that and in my opinion it is not ready for prime time, the fix is a band aid. I've got two Hydro tractors, one 25 years old and one ten years old and I don't have that problem....

Wayne

/ Kubota 900 RTV #9  
Gary,

Congratulations on your purchase!!! How about posting the pics after you get them?

As others have mentioned, shifting gear ranges and into/out of 4WD can be quirky. Reading the owner's manual is well worth your time.

Steve

/ Kubota 900 RTV #10  
Wayne H,
I had my RTV1100 09 back to the dealer with 60+ hrs on it and had them adjust the neutral pressure. Two plugs in the rear, very hard to remove, two gauges, and they adjust the hex bolt on the right side that has the 17mm lock nut. The idea is the pressures should be equal and they adjust the servo to make it that way. They said mine was "way off". It's in the WSM. And then I went to great pains to set the HST arm exactly as described in the WSM. 1mm less full travel at wide open or pedal to the floor. Then made sure the pressure release arm, operated by the braking system, was adjust with no slack in the spring. Too much and it bleeds pressure, too little and it is not effective.
And wow what a difference in shifting.