New tires and wheels on my RTV900

/ New tires and wheels on my RTV900 #1  

KitC

Tractor
Kubota 4240 HSTC
The original wheels and tires were getting worn down and dry rotting with 300 plus hours on them.

Searched on line for some new ones and finally decided on the 26" GBC Grim Reapers and ITP wheels.

Have put about 20 hours on the new ones on pavement and off road.

Extremely pleased. On pavement, the old ones never offered a smooth ride. These are like I'm in my truck...smooth and easy handling. We had 4-5" of snow on the ground and my neighbor slid his Nissan truck off into a fairly deep ditch. Hooked up a tow rope, locked the rear differential in and 4WD and pulled him out very easily...didn't slid or anything.

Off road in mud and snow, all I can say is Wow. Had a ball driving my wife and I around in the snow.

I was concerned that these were too aggressive and would tear up the ground in wet conditions. Looks like they are easier on the dirt and grass than the factory off road ones.

I'm also a tractor fan..:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Kubota2.jpg
    Kubota2.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 1,497
  • Kubota GL4240 HSTC.jpg
    Kubota GL4240 HSTC.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 679
   / New tires and wheels on my RTV900 #2  
Looks like a nice aggressive tire....they look perfect for a RTV :thumbsup:

/ New tires and wheels on my RTV900 #3  
Nice stairs but they dont appear to be attached to anything. Is that like an elevated gazebo?

/ New tires and wheels on my RTV900
Gary,
It's an observation deck out on the end of the ridge that our house and shop is on. A little over 1000 feet elevation and one of the highest spots in the area.

We have a fire pit, picnic tables and do cookouts and parties to the right of it.

I built it last fall, all screwed together and lag bolts...10'x10' and the top deck is about 12' off the ground. We have a panorama view of about 60 miles from north to south, and as far as the eye can see in distance.

Great place to just sit and relax. Guests love the view.

/ New tires and wheels on my RTV900 #5  
Nice! I like the frame on your bed. I saw that they were being built for Kubota, but I've never seen one for sale. Of course, now that I have a welder...

Al,
I used thin wall 1" tubing. Measured it up and welded it myself.

It's very handy for tying on shovels, rakes, etc. Works great if you are carrying off brush.

If you build it yourself, make sure to leave enough room at the front so it doesn't hit the rear glass, if you have a cab.

I pulled the expanded metal piece that was on the inside and put it in the front of the rack, mostly to keep things from breaking the glass.

Also have the warning triangle mounted on it.

/ New tires and wheels on my RTV900 #7  
I am impressed with the observation deck. Nice job with that. Heck anyone can bend tubing and weld it together, but it takes real talent to make wood stay together with those little spikey things and a hammer or even a drill. I could never find a welding rod that could weld that stuff made from tree growth together. I use a drill as I beat the heck out of the boards and my fingers trying to get a nail to go in.
Carpentry is not my thing, but give me some steel, welding machine, cutting torch and maybe a large beater and I can whip that stuff in to shape an make just about anything.

/ New tires and wheels on my RTV900 #8  
Love those wheels & tires.....If you don't mind, how much did those run, and are they stock size?

Mine needs a little bling, the dark grey wheels are pretty drab.

Gary,
I work with metals for a living, but I really enjoy building things with wood.
Relaxes me..:)

Tim,
The tires, wheels, new lug bolts, valves w/covers, and fairly quick shipping from Texas was just south of $800. Not sure if I can list their name here. They were very helpful answering all the questions I had, and they carry a large variety of tires and wheels.

/ New tires and wheels on my RTV900 #10  
Gary,
I work with metals for a living, but I really enjoy building things with wood.
Relaxes me..:)

Tim,
The tires, wheels, new lug bolts, valves w/covers, and fairly quick shipping from Texas was just south of $800. Not sure if I can list their name here. They were very helpful answering all the questions I had, and they carry a large variety of tires and wheels.

Thanks!!!