Synthetic Oil in RTV 500

/ Synthetic Oil in RTV 500 #1  

DIXIEDOG

Platinum Member
Tractor
International 2544 / Gator 825i/L2501/General
Anybody run synthetic oil in their RTV 500? I'm thinking about switching my 500 over to Amsoil 0-30W (per Amsoil a 10-30W substitute) signature series synthetic oil but wasn't positive about synthetic lube in their little gas engines. I thought it might be a bit better on the engine during the below zero starts in the winter as well as when I'm pulling the DR Grader with it this spring/summer.

/ Synthetic Oil in RTV 500 #2  
Hi, I use Amsoil products in all my Equiptment.You will have no problem ,and It will be a great help in the winter months.I reuse the old oil in my chainsaw for the bar lube.Been using Amsoil for over 35 years.,Ron

/ Synthetic Oil in RTV 500 #3  
I will on my next service; I just did my initial 50 hour service so I think at 200 hours?

Well, I think synthetic is the way to go too; little or no parafin (sp) and no need to worry about all the operating temperature ratings.

Less "gum-ups" :thumbsup:

/ Synthetic Oil in RTV 500 #5  
I ran a synthetic blend in my 98 K1500 for the first 200K miles. I switched to 10-40 and did notice some gasket shrinkage on the next oil change. At 265K miles now, she only burns/looses @ 1/2 pint per 3K miles.

I'm a believer in the synthetic stuff.

/ Synthetic Oil in RTV 500 #6  
I use Rotella 5w40 synthetic in my RTV 500 and have used it in a lot of my machines and motorcycles. It's reasonably priced and it available at Wal Mart and other places. I like it.