Anyone use a truckloader Leaf Vac with an RTV900?

/ Anyone use a truckloader Leaf Vac with an RTV900? #1  

baddaddy

Tractor
Kubota B7610HSD, Kubota RTV900
A couple years ago made a leaf vac system from a MacKissic VCB1100 motor & rotor by fabricating a frame for it and mounting it on the side of my RTV900. Worked reasonably ok for a couple years but then the motor crapped out because of a stupid mistake I made when replacing the chipper weldment. Now I'm looking at something like the Little Wonder 14HP on a small tow behind single axle utility trailer. Not the cheapest solution but I have a boatload of leaves and debris to clean up every spring and fall and I don't think I can go back to dragging tarps of leaves again. Anyone done something like this? They make truck mount and hitch mount systems, but I think the 225lbs of the smallest little wonder truckloader would be a bit much for my RTV900, hence the small utility trailer tow behind solution.

/ Anyone use a truckloader Leaf Vac with an RTV900? #3  
What will you be loading it into? Would a rear mounted one work?

Aaron Z

/ Anyone use a truckloader Leaf Vac with an RTV900? #4  
I am in the same kind of situation with a need for a SELF CONTAINED unit. NOT one that attaches to a lawn mower or tractor mower deck; but a tow behind using an RTV or even an ATV............Have searched and searched for such that is affordable......

We have perhaps 10 acres of hickory/oak that we have sown fescue/bluegrass under that does well in the shade......EXCEPT that when the leaves fall they smother the grass/pasture so need to be cleaned up in the fall..........I spend truly at least 2 weeks blowing leaves into berms or piles for removal by hand or that we use when combined with brush as erosion control...................

So..........help identifying an affordable unit to drive through woods, across a slope of perhaps 12 degrees, self contained, and productive would be totally appreciated.......thanks and God bless..........Dennis

/ Anyone use a truckloader Leaf Vac with an RTV900? #6  
JJ..........Thanks for the thoughts and trouble.....REALLY.....BUT.........am looking for a device/machine that does NOT require hooking up to a mower deck. This type, most, use the power of the mower deck to feed the vacuum unit. The RTV DOES not have this so that is why I want one that does not use the mower as an augment for pickup........thanks and God bless........Dennis

/ Anyone use a truckloader Leaf Vac with an RTV900? #7  
Funny this has came up - we been thinking the exact same thing. Something I can tow behind the Rhino to clean flower beds and ditches with a long hose, then have a wide "sucker thing" that I could pull across the yard and suck up the leaves would be perfect. I have a Rear mount mower on my tractor so the standard desk options just does not work.

/ Anyone use a truckloader Leaf Vac with an RTV900? #8  
Well, all I have to say, is that there is no better way to pick up leaves that to mulch them and suck them into a hopper, and dump somewhere. I did this for about 15 years.

This same unit I posted can also be used with a 30 ft hose to clean out flower beds, or suck up piles of leaves, and that is work.. Now someone had to pile up those leaves.

/ Anyone use a truckloader Leaf Vac with an RTV900? #10  
Your right, SHE is a good looking unit!

Trac Vac Model* 385