UTV spray rig

/ UTV spray rig #1  

RHughes

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TN65
I use a 25 gal spot sprayer in they back of my UTV a quite a bit. The only thing I have not figured out is a good way to manage the 15+ feet of hose between the pump and the wand. It tends to hang over the side of the bed and drag.
Any ideas for hose management?

/ UTV spray rig #2  
I've used the same type of sprayer in the bed of a Teryx. I added another section of hose, so I have twice that length...maybe more. I seem to recall I had 50ft in total.

If I'm moving just a short distance I just let it drag, in fact sometimes, I just laid the wand on the ground and used the length of hose to gage how far to move the Teryx. I sprayed 90+ acres in a grid pattern doing it that way. Moving greater distances I simply coiled it over the top of the sprayer. Wasn't really a problem.

/ UTV spray rig #3  
I don't know of a better way to handle excess hose than a reel.

Air tight should equal liquid tight.

Looks like around 80 bucks.

I havn't done it but I seen DOT using them.

/ UTV spray rig #4  
Yesterday I put the new 15 gallon 12v system on the golf cart. The back seat converts into a bed but the tank fit with room to spare on the rear foot rest for those sitting on the second seat.

I wrapped some of the 15' around the second seat arm rest and let me enough to use the wand from left (mainly) or right side.

Now I wish I had purchased a golf cart years ago. The electric is so quite and when in/around highway it is good to be able to hear cars/trucks coming. I sprayed 25 gallons very late yesterday and never broke a sweat. :thumbsup:

Pumping and packing was hard on my rebuilt rearend that has 20 years on the rebuild on the right side. :D

/ UTV spray rig #5  
I had the say problem with the hand hose.. I mounted my sprayer on top of a sheet of ply wood that fits on top of the bed of my little 610 mule. It works better mounted there with the boom less sprayer I have. The sprayer I bought came with brackets to mount to the 4-wheeler rack. I simply used those brackets and made a place to hold the hose. I finished this evening and will paint it tomorrow. It was easy and the metal came with the sprayer.. keeps everything from falling off and easy to store when I am done...

AndyG

Attachments

• 100_0595.jpg
    100_0595.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 634
  • 100_0597.jpg
    100_0597.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 685
   / UTV spray rig #6  
Andy I like the mounting board idea. If I would cut a board to fit the rear step on the cart I would not even have to strap it down.

/ UTV spray rig #7  
I use a post attached to the side of the bed w/a spring attached to the hose. I'm still experimenting with tension but currently, the best spring I've found is for a screen door (available at TSC). It's strong enough to hold the hose up out of the way yet allows an easy pull when you need full lenght. Best of all, the 2x2 and spring costs less then $10 bucks.

/ UTV spray rig
I like the board mounting idea too; especially mounting it on the bed rail of the UTV. Thanks for the ideas!