Kawasaki Mule 610 vs. Kubota RTV 500 - 2011

/ Kawasaki Mule 610 vs. Kubota RTV 500 - 2011 #21  
I've had my RTV500 a couple of months and haven't had any shifting problems. I wonder if maybe the shifting has been improved with the newer models.

/ Kawasaki Mule 610 vs. Kubota RTV 500 - 2011 #22  
My RTV500 is new, and I have no problem shifting it. But, I'm used to shifting Fuller Roadranger transmissions. :)

/ Kawasaki Mule 610 vs. Kubota RTV 500 - 2011 #23  
We used to have a 610 Mule. Originally bought it to use as a "golf cart". Then started using it to do light work. Great machine, very dependable and economic. We found that we were trying to do too much [ read overloading ] it . Had an opportunity to trade it for a RTV900 that has been great. In a nutshell, the Mule is a better trail machine with light work capabilities. The RTV is a heavy duty truck. They both go the same speed. If you want speed get an ATV or a Teryx. My two cents worth.

/ Kawasaki Mule 610 vs. Kubota RTV 500 - 2011 #24  
Well this is my opinion..the Kubota is heavy duty machine the only problem is it doesn't shift right. When spending 8 grand or more I expect the machine to shift with ease. You shouldn't have to feather the gas, or hold your foot on the the brake for ten seconds...so on. I've had my machine for 2 years now it is a work horse, but the shifting sucks.
My wife won't even drive it cause of the shifting. Everybody on this site says take it to dealer have them fix it, seems like everyone has done that but the problems still exists. If I had it to do again definitely would have bought a John Deere or a Ranger.

Jack the rear tires up off the ground and block it up stable.....push the throttle to the floor in neutral....if your tires turn in either direction you need to adjust the neutralizing screws....if the tires turn shoot me a PM and I'll try to walk you through the adjustments needed.

If the neutral zero is correct and your tires don't turn at all with the throttle wide open in neutral your shifting should be smooth, just push the brake down firmly and shift....should be very easy as long as your unit is a RTV 500

/ Kawasaki Mule 610 vs. Kubota RTV 500 - 2011 #25  
Real engine braking, good brakes, excellent suspension, 55 mph, pushbutton 4X4, electronic locking differentials, will climb anything, large radiator with separate oil cooler, legendary Yamaha reliability.

And... it's fast.

htgrjs.jpg

3089jwm.jpg

/ Kawasaki Mule 610 vs. Kubota RTV 500 - 2011 #26  
Dixiedog.....I would definitly be insterested in learning more about the procedure you described for adjusting the neutralizing screws on the 500. I've had a 500 for about 6 months now and it has always been hard to shift. I was told it would get better as it wore in. However the oppsite is true. Just about every time I shift, I have to slightly rock it back and forth slightly to get it into gear. Really don't want to take it back to the dealer this time of year as I know it would set for a month before they got around to it. Otherwise love the machine. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you would. Thanks

/ Kawasaki Mule 610 vs. Kubota RTV 500 - 2011 #27  
Dixiedog.....I would definitly be insterested in learning more about the procedure you described for adjusting the neutralizing screws on the 500. I've had a 500 for about 6 months now and it has always been hard to shift. I was told it would get better as it wore in. However the oppsite is true. Just about every time I shift, I have to slightly rock it back and forth slightly to get it into gear. Really don't want to take it back to the dealer this time of year as I know it would set for a month before they got around to it. Otherwise love the machine. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you would. Thanks

PM Sent :thumbsup:

/ Kawasaki Mule 610 vs. Kubota RTV 500 - 2011 #28  
DixieDog, same problem here. Difficult to shift. After 6 months, no change. Can I get that PM referencing "neutral zero" as well?

Thanks for your help,
5Moons

/ Kawasaki Mule 610 vs. Kubota RTV 500 - 2011 #29  
DixieDog, same problem here. Difficult to shift. After 6 months, no change. Can I get that PM referencing "neutral zero" as well?

Thanks for your help,
5Moons

You've got a PM:thumbsup: