Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #11  
Thanks Raf,

My concern was not so much with the plug/wiring although I'll go with the 9 PIN as well, but is more about the physical install of the radio. My Kubota manual shows mounting in the predetermined/wired hole in the headliner using 2 different brackets - some where on TBN I saw mentioned that these might be standard in dash mounts used upsidedown. If you installed in the headliner console, what/how did you mount the radio? Thanks.

Ah I understand. For me I didn't even mess with a bracket. The fit was so snug I simply didn't need it. I shoved it in and it takes considerable effort to remove it. I've mowed, brush hogged, plowed, disced, lifted, augered, moved and mulched since the install and our place is bumpy to boot. The thing hasn't budged. Hope this helps.
Raf

Last edited:
   / Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #12  
i recently installed a sony radio in a kubota rtv 1100 using steve cornell's wiring instructions. the instructions were excellent. i installed the radio using the mounting bracket that came with the rtv (it was under the seat) by placing the entire mounting bracket behind the dash with the entire mounting bracket inside the radio hole. after the install the radio moves around alittle and is not firmly mounted and the trim plate of the radio comes loose easily. i think i should have pushed the kubota mounting bracket through the radio hole leaving the front ring of the bracket surrounding the outside of the radio hole. i think i see that front ring of the mounting bracket between the radio trim plate and the dash in steve's picture. can anyone give me some details on how to properly mount the radio in the radio hole so it is firmly mounted. thank you.

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #13  
i recently installed a sony radio in a kubota rtv 1100 using steve cornell's wiring instructions. the instructions were excellent. i installed the radio using the mounting bracket that came with the rtv (it was under the seat) by placing the entire mounting bracket behind the dash with the entire mounting bracket inside the radio hole. after the install the radio moves around alittle and is not firmly mounted and the trim plate of the radio comes loose easily. i think i should have pushed the kubota mounting bracket through the radio hole leaving the front ring of the bracket surrounding the outside of the radio hole. i think i see that front ring of the mounting bracket between the radio trim plate and the dash in steve's picture. can anyone give me some details on how to properly mount the radio in the radio hole so it is firmly mounted. thank you.

I'm not sure there is anyway to solidly mount the radio with the factory mount..It stays in there, but it ain't solid.

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #14  
   / Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #15  
The radio install is pretty easy. The radio you get has a "din" bracket on it when you get it. All the openings on modern cars and trucks are "din" sized. So all you have to do is install the din bracket which is the sleeve that comes with the radio into the hole and bend the tabs to hold it into the opening and the radio just slides into the din bracket. The Kubota bracket that comes with the RTV1100 is just a support for the radio so it doesn't droop down. They are two different brackets. Hope this helps.
Randy

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #16  
The radio install is pretty easy. The radio you get has a "din" bracket on it when you get it. All the openings on modern cars and trucks are "din" sized. So all you have to do is install the din bracket which is the sleeve that comes with the radio into the hole and bend the tabs to hold it into the opening and the radio just slides into the din bracket. The Kubota bracket that comes with the RTV1100 is just a support for the radio so it doesn't droop down. They are two different brackets. Hope this helps.
Randy

I don't believe my radio came with a bracket..Used the Kubota din braket and it works. Just ain't in there real tight.

After hardwiring that mess and bleeding from shoving my hand through the opening (factory wires are conveniently 2" too short) I don't want to re-install unless I have to.

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #17  
Randy

thank you for the reply. what i did was bend the tabs on the din bracket that came with my sony radio against the kubota bracket that came with the rtv. that made them "one" piece. then i put them as one piece from under the dash behind the radio opening in the dash.

would it have been better to first push the kubota bracket through the radio opening in the dash (the whole bracket will fit through except the ring on the front of the kubota bracket) then put the din bracket that came with the radio in the radio hole in the dash and then bend the tabs on the din bracket against the kubota bracket? i believe this will sandwich the dash between the front ring of the kubota bracket and the din bracket that came with my sony radio.
which way do you think is better before i possibly undo what i already did? thanks.

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #18  
Not a big deal as long as you have access to a pig tail for the factory harness...The shortness of the harness is just plain torture for hard wiring, Kubota couldn't add 3" of wire?...I see that someone came out with an aftermarket pigtail...Figures that showed up after the grief I went through wiring a Kenwood to mine. Why are the factory speakers so bad?

Oh - now thanks Tim! No spoiler alert? I had just a smidgen of hope that Kubota didn't just use old drive-in theater speakers but now I'm crushed. The reason i was having trouble deciphering the install was tha my dear wife bought me a radio for Christmas - "the guy at the store said it was a tractor radio" - analog w/ the old 2 stem setup (volume and tune). Those don't mount the same as what Kubota's set up for (DIN).

Sheeesh. Maybe I should just sing to myself in the tractor -
Oh, do you remember Sweet Betsy from Pike,
Who went ’cross the plains with her lover Ike,
With one yoke of oxen, one spotted hog,
A tall Shanghai rooster, and a big yellow dog-
NAHH!

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #19  
Yes, mikedlap, just sandwich the din sleeve on to the Kubota bracket and it should be fine. Mine is a tight fit when I snapped it in. Just think of the din sleeve as a holder for the radio and once the din sleeve is secure then the radio will be too.
Randy

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100
Sorry for not posting sooner, it's been awhile since I looked at the forums.

The Kubota supplied bracket mounts "BEHIND" the dash, you then need any DIN type radio, it will come with a mounting sleeve that will slide through the hole from the front and tabs will need bent to securely hold the mounting sleeve in place, the radio will then slide and lock into the sleeve, if done properly the radio will be VERY tight and not move and will have no gaps once the trim piece that should come with the radio is snapped in place.

My radio sets very tight against the dash, the flash on my camera shows the metal bracket but you cannot see it otherwise, I may have not had the trim bezel snapped all the way in place either but I just went a looked and you cannot see the metal sleeve.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Steve

Last edited: