Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #31  
I sat in an 1100 last week, and the overhead radio panel was in a very prominent/obvious spot. Panel looked like it would pop right off without tools.

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #32  
I sat in an 1100 last week, and the overhead radio panel was in a very prominent/obvious spot. Panel looked like it would pop right off without tools.

Whadya think??

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #33  
Started soldering up my radio harness to the 9 pin All Electronics harness. It was going good until I got to orange, green & grey on the All Electronics harness, the one I have is green with a white stripe, orange with a blue stripe & a brown. I'm hoping those match up to orange, green & grey. I actually picked up 3 of those plugs & when I went to look at the other 2, things generally matched but some had extra various colored stripes on some of the wires.

I haven't gotten my workshop manual yet so can't confirm the pinout there & my brand new L4060 just got hauled back to the dealer because of some loader hydraulic problems so I can't match colors on the Kubota harness to pin locations. Can anybody here match pin locations to that chart at the start of this thread or something?

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #34  
I got a 2009 RTV 1100 last month and don't seem to be able to get any sound from the radio. We get lights and display on the radio, just no sound. In that vintage RTV where would the speakers be? I can't believe somebody would install an expensive Kubota radio and not also install speakers, but I cannot find speakers anywhere in the cab!

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #35  
They should be in the headliner

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #36  
Tim it looks like you have been around the track on this "radio" topic on Kubota RTV............I have a 2017 RTV X1100C looks like yours ..... I didn't buy it with the radio, but I popped off the panel above the mirror and I see the wiring back there, (9 pin plug short harness and the cable to the antennae) yes mine has antennae already there on the roof............now do you think my RTV already has speakers in it somewhere , even if it is the cheapees, and they just sound thru the headliner without me needing to worry about where ? If so then I do have radio that came out of a 2012 jayco travel trailer , and I want to just connect it to the 9 pin plug, except this radio has a different plug. Is that why you folks have to trace each wire and solder or does some radio shops maybe have a plug adapter that goes from 9 pin to the plug on the back of the radio I have....... seems too much to hope for , but curious on your thoughts

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #37  
Tim it looks like you have been around the track on this "radio" topic on Kubota RTV............I have a 2017 RTV X1100C looks like yours ..... I didn't buy it with the radio, but I popped off the panel above the mirror and I see the wiring back there, (9 pin plug short harness and the cable to the antennae) yes mine has antennae already there on the roof............now do you think my RTV already has speakers in it somewhere , even if it is the cheapees, and they just sound thru the headliner without me needing to worry about where ? If so then I do have radio that came out of a 2012 jayco travel trailer , and I want to just connect it to the 9 pin plug, except this radio has a different plug. Is that why you folks have to trace each wire and solder or does some radio shops maybe have a plug adapter that goes from 9 pin to the plug on the back of the radio I have....... seems too much to hope for , but curious on your thoughts
Prewired Kubota Tractor Radio has the adapter down at the bottom of the page. You will need to solder or crimp those wires to the plug that comes with your radio. I assume that adapter comes with documentation telling you what color matches what function. Every radio I've ever seen has that diagram or chart as well, you just need to marry the 2 up.

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #38  

Mine didn't come with an OEM radio (wasn't paying what they wanted for a maginal Panasonic, I think)..My speakers are in the headliner, OEM installed, just above the seat. Kubota has a proprietary radio harness plug for some reason. They have an adaptor now, they didn't when I put my Kenwood in back when I bought the machine in 2009. The speakers make sound, not audiophile quality to be sure..Good enough for what I need them to do.

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #39  
Thanks timswi..........I will feel around the headliner this weekend and see if I am up to the task, I found the radio harness on the web that I could order and will go from "9 pin Kubota to loose wires" , and I would have to figure out from my old radio which wire goes where. Like you say its not for sound quality , just diversion over the roar of the 3 cylinders !

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #40  
Thanks timswi..........I will feel around the headliner this weekend and see if I am up to the task, I found the radio harness on the web that I could order and will go from "9 pin Kubota to loose wires" , and I would have to figure out from my old radio which wire goes where. Like you say its not for sound quality , just diversion over the roar of the 3 cylinders !

No problem..Not sure if you can feel the speakers or not but historically they were standard equipment. Don't know if that changed with the new models or not. Guessing that if you have an antenna you may be in business.