Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #1  

SteveCornell

Silver Member
Tractor
2017 Kubota L6060 HSTC
I installed my radio last evening and thought I'd post the wiring information for anyone that my want to install a radio.
You can purchase a wiring harness that plugs directly into the Kubota plug from All Electronics for $3 plus $7 shipping, here is the link. 9 PIN CONNECTOR | AllElectronics.com
h.800,s.1,w.800,yajmikura.true,m.1b35f413d4be01c4d501974611d11be7,1124,con_90.jpg

Cut off the female end of the connector and discard, below is the wiring color code for the Kubota plug, the All Electronics connector, and what each wire is.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• KUBOTA PLUG.jpg
    KUBOTA PLUG.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 52,196
  • rtv1100 speak14.jpg
    rtv1100 speak14.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 31,822
   / Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #2  
Wish I'd known about that when I installed mine..Thanks for the inco

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #3  
Thank you for the link!

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #4  
Can I ask what you used for a radio and install kit? I have an M8540 that takes the same radio as the RTV1100 and I was assuming the same installation hardware - Somewhere on TBN I read that the brackets are just standard in dash stuff put in upsidedown for overhead console (like mine). I have a hard time justifying the factory pricing for a TRACTOR RADIO! Those costs are more appropriate for a luxury car installation w/ low road noise.

Thanks for the help.

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #5  
Can I ask what you used for a radio and install kit? I have an M8540 that takes the same radio as the RTV1100 and I was assuming the same installation hardware - Somewhere on TBN I read that the brackets are just standard in dash stuff put in upsidedown for overhead console (like mine). I have a hard time justifying the factory pricing for a TRACTOR RADIO! Those costs are more appropriate for a luxury car installation w/ low road noise.

Thanks for the help.

What price were you quoted?

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #7  
Hi Bunch. I have an model year 2010 M6040. I purchased the $10 part from the link above, and a $95 Sony radio from Walmart. I even splurged for $30 speakers. I had splice connectors on hand. Install including speakers took about an hour with testing wire color codes, splicing the wires and physically installing the parts. It was super easy and worth the savings for me. The M8540 may use a different connector, but I doubt it. The websites which sell the connectors make you believe the connectors for the 8540/9540 is different from the 6040/7040 and still yet different from the RTV. In my case I bought the RTV 9 pin conector figuring I would only be out $10 if it didnt work. Worked like a charm!

Good luck with your decision and install,
Raf

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #8  
Thanks Raf,

My concern was not so much with the plug/wiring although I'll go with the 9 PIN as well, but is more about the physical install of the radio. My Kubota manual shows mounting in the predetermined/wired hole in the headliner using 2 different brackets - some where on TBN I saw mentioned that these might be standard in dash mounts used upsidedown. If you installed in the headliner console, what/how did you mount the radio? Thanks.

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #9  
The radios are stupid expensive. They come from REI who makes heavy duty radios for Buses and insane duty applications, probably not always needed for tractors. We've started installing our own as well, its not a big deal.

/ Radio Install in Kubota RTV1100 #10  
The radios are stupid expensive. They come from REI who makes heavy duty radios for Buses and insane duty applications, probably not always needed for tractors. We've started installing our own as well, its not a big deal.

Not a big deal as long as you have access to a pig tail for the factory harness...The shortness of the harness is just plain torture for hard wiring, Kubota couldn't add 3" of wire?...I see that someone came out with an aftermarket pigtail...Figures that showed up after the grief I went through wiring a Kenwood to mine. Why are the factory speakers so bad?