Platinum Member
    Tractor
    International 2544 / Gator 825i

Default RTV 500 Gun Rack

Anyone seen one of these in person? I'm wondering if it's a worthwhile investment for coyote hunting, I don't like carrying rifles around in the bed because they bounce around and a case can be a pain at times

YouTube - ‪Great Day UTV Quick Draw Overhead Gun Rack‬‏

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 50, Kubota B 7800, Kubota M6040, John Deere 5200

Default Re: RTV 500 Gun Rack

Dixie, I have two different types of gun racks. One attaches to the back of the roll bars and the overhead rack like you are interested in. Go with the overhead one. The rack holds one rifle pretty well with a scope but squeezing a second one on the other side of the rack could cause some scratching to the firearm. Check Ebay for a deal.

Gold Member

DDog, I installed a military rack; (go figure ) the base mounted on the floor, the top friction clamp fit in between the reverse and differential lock on the dash. It is tight but the gears can be shifted when the rack is in use. @30 bucks, OD green. It was designed for the M151 jeep.

Leme kno, I can pm the company info.

Pictured with a BB gun; works well with "other" items
    Last edited by Tkblacktail; 05-25-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: pics added

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

I have a Big Sky overhead 2 gun rack. I like it. It fits over the front bench seat of my 1140 RTV. The guns run from side to side, not front to back of the RTV. You will need to check your gun length to see if it fits better front to back or side to side.....

I have a Great Day front RTV rack... exceptional quality and design. I like their stuff very well.

I'd be guided by which rack best fits your gun and vehicle. Either would be a very good choice to get the gun out of the way yet keep handy and secure.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    International 2544 / Gator 825i

Quote Originally Posted by Traskblacktail View Post
    DDog, I installed a military rack; (go figure ) the base mounted on the floor, the top friction clamp fit in between the reverse and differential lock on the dash. It is tight but the gears can be shifted when the rack is in use. @30 bucks, OD green. It was designed for the M151 jeep.

Leme kno, I can pm the company info.

Pictured with a BB gun; works well with "other" items
    Nice looking rack but I like the idea of an overhead out of the way rack.

Quote Originally Posted by texasjohn View Post
    I have a Big Sky overhead 2 gun rack. I like it. It fits over the front bench seat of my 1140 RTV. The guns run from side to side, not front to back of the RTV. You will need to check your gun length to see if it fits better front to back or side to side.....

I have a Great Day front RTV rack... exceptional quality and design. I like their stuff very well.

I'd be guided by which rack best fits your gun and vehicle. Either would be a very good choice to get the gun out of the way yet keep handy and secure.
    Sound like it works pretty decent. I gotta go get some measurements.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Husqvarna 26HP Kawasaki Powered, 2014 Kubota RTV 1140 CPX

My wife's 34 DDD rack should look nice bouncing around on my new 1140 too..... we were talking what racks we plan to have on our UTVs right?