RTV900 hours?

/ RTV900 hours? #1  

prune

Hello
I've been thinking of buying an RTV900 for some time now. I need some guidance however on hours and was hoping someone could help with advice.
What would you consider high hours on a used RTV900?
Theres a 2007 for sale locally with 2100 hours on the clock. Would I be asking for trouble here?
Regards
Peter

/ RTV900 hours? #2  
Peter,

By my standards and use of my RTV 900, that's a lot of hours. But if the RTV has received regular service and not been abused, you may (should?) be able to obtain many additional hours of service. I would be more worried about the transmission than the engine.

Just curious -- what is the asking price?

Steve

Last edited:
   / RTV900 hours?
Steve
Thanks for the feedback.
I have nothing to put 2100 hours into context. Ive never owned a RTV so your info is very helpful.
I dont know the price as its listed in a local machinery auction. Theres no reserve set so I just trying to decide whether to head along and take a chance if the bidding is low.
Im wondering what year Kubota uprated the u-joints? Was this after 2007? This would be another factor in making my decision.
Peter

/ RTV900 hours? #4  
Peter,

I think there were issues with both the rear u-joints and a rattle with the front-wheel drive shaft. I'm not sure about when those problems were corrected. As I understand it, some of the earlier RTVs had rear u-joints that could not be greased. You might want to inspect the u-joints on the RTV to see if the rear joints have zerks.

Here's an older thread about high-hour RTVs:http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/atvs-utility-vehicles/105756-kubota-rtv-5675-hours-how-2.html.
One poster reported seeing an RTV with 6042 hours.

Steve

Last edited: