UTV advice

/ UTV advice #21  
Does Suzuki make an UTV? I've never seen one.
No they don't, what i was referring to was the cvt clutch setup. I know you guys are all about the tractors as am i. How ever there are somethings that can just be done better. I do know days when the tractor wouldnt run i put hay to my cattle with my quad. Also i had a horse go down in my barnyard. Was so muddy my tractor couldnt get to him, the atv did.

/ UTV advice #22  
actually, they had a rebadged kawi mule one year. Maybe 4-5 years ago?

Suzuki that is...

/ UTV advice #23  
I was looking for a used 4wd atv and gave up on the used market as most looked like they spent everyday in a mud hole. While looking at new left over Hondas I found a dealer demo Honda Big Red. At first I dismissed it as too big and it seamed like it didn't really fit either the work class or the sport class.

A month later I went back and took a second look. The Honda has a 3 speed transmission (no belts to wear out) and Honda makes some of the best engines in the world. So far it's easily handled everything I've asked of it. From loading the bed with firewood while pulling a 4x8 trailer up and down rough woods trails to simple fun drives down snow machine trails. In 2wd the rear diff is unlocked so driving across the lawn doesn't leave a mark while in 4wd the rear diff is locked in and you have the option of locking in the front. I ended up paying less for it than a new left over ATV.

So unless you are limited to a small budget I would check around and see if you can find a dealer demo, I saved about $4k and got a UTV that spent 99% of it's time driving around a parking lot in the middle of a city.

/ UTV advice #24  
I was looking for a used 4wd atv and gave up on the used market as most looked like they spent everyday in a mud hole. While looking at new left over Hondas I found a dealer demo Honda Big Red. At first I dismissed it as too big and it seamed like it didn't really fit either the work class or the sport class.

A month later I went back and took a second look. The Honda has a 3 speed transmission (no belts to wear out) and Honda makes some of the best engines in the world. So far it's easily handled everything I've asked of it. From loading the bed with firewood while pulling a 4x8 trailer up and down rough woods trails to simple fun drives down snow machine trails. In 2wd the rear diff is unlocked so driving across the lawn doesn't leave a mark while in 4wd the rear diff is locked in and you have the option of locking in the front. I ended up paying less for it than a new left over ATV.

So unless you are limited to a small budget I would check around and see if you can find a dealer demo, I saved about $4k and got a UTV that spent 99% of it's time driving around a parking lot in the middle of a city.

Not being rude but what is the approx price of a Big Red? I figured they required more Big Greens than I have! hahaha!

/ UTV advice #25  
I think list price was somewhere north of $11k but the dealers were selling them around $10k. I got mine for $7200.

/ UTV advice #26  
I hope honda has fixed their transmissions. I have had to fix so many of those, the older formans are really hard to find parts for any more.

/ UTV advice #27  
I hope honda has fixed their transmissions. I have had to fix so many of those, the older formans are really hard to find parts for any more.

It's a totally different transmission. It's a 3 speed automatic that has compression braking like the one used in the Rincon.

/ UTV advice #28  
I think list price was somewhere north of $11k but the dealers were selling them around $10k. I got mine for $7200.

Great deal! Thanks for the info! I'll have to look at those.

/ UTV advice #29  
Has anyone had any experience with the Japanese mini truck imports? I have been looking into them and for the low price they seem to have a lot to offer. I could be mistaken but I think they are essentially a 660 UTV but with a full tranny with hi and low too, some come with dump beds installed, most have an interior like a pickup with heat and some have ac too. Bed that folds into a flatbed heavy payload too. Import laws require them to be governed at 25 mph but after you get it home any idiot should be able to put back to jap specs.

Anyone have some input on this? Thanks

I would be interested in more info on these, does anyone know anything about them