RTV Brush Guard

/ RTV Brush Guard #1  

glennm

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX23, RTV 900 and Z122
Hi Guys
I have an RTV 900 and can't say enough about how much I like it !!! For us, it is a real workhorse.
Mine has had a couple of minor encounters with trees and one of the welds cracked on the front brush guard. I am having it welded, so, I will need to do some touch up painting to keep it looking new.
Has anyone painted their guard with EZ Liner (spray can version of the bed liner)? I have a can here and wondered if it would be durable and if it would look good in black? I would appreciate a photo if anyone has something to post. Also, any tips on prep?

Thanks in advance

/ RTV Brush Guard #2  
Glenn -- Another option would be to get a quote from a Line-X dealer to cover it with spray-in bed liner. I've done that with various small parts off my ATV and motorcycles over the years, and my local dealer times it so when they finish a big job they move right on to my tiny job. The price has been extremely reasonable. I leave the part with them and they promise to get to it within two weeks (space-A sort of thing), but have never had to wait more than 4 days.

Worth a try if you have a dealer nearby.

Pete

/ RTV Brush Guard #3  
I didn't get to it this summer, but I plan to paint my grill guard flat black on the backside to kill the reflection into my eyes from the headlights. We used to paint a portion of the big antennas on boats black so that the backscatter from the searchlights didn't blind the bridge crew.

Something to think about while you're going through all the trouble...

/ RTV Brush Guard #4  
Hi Guys
I have an RTV 900 and can't say enough about how much I like it !!! For us, it is a real workhorse.
Mine has had a couple of minor encounters with trees and one of the welds cracked on the front brush guard. I am having it welded, so, I will need to do some touch up painting to keep it looking new.
Has anyone painted their guard with EZ Liner (spray can version of the bed liner)? I have a can here and wondered if it would be durable and if it would look good in black? I would appreciate a photo if anyone has something to post. Also, any tips on prep?

Thanks in advance

Using a spray on liner would certainly be durable. But if trees have a habit of running out in front of you, welding it with that stuff on there will be more difficult.

/ RTV Brush Guard
OK, all fixed up and painted. I will keep an eye open for trees that like to run out on the trails !!

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2000.jpg
    IMG_2000.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2001.jpg
    IMG_2001.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_2002.jpg
    IMG_2002.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 295
   / RTV Brush Guard #6  
OK, all fixed up and painted. I will keep an eye open for trees that like to run out on the trails !!

Thanks

Looks good, nice job!!