2007 RTV 900 price question

/ 2007 RTV 900 price question #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
I thought about getting a new RTV but given all the firewood hauling etc I do it would quickly get beat up. Soooo...my local dealer (who has always treated me right) has an '07 worksite model with 268 hours on the clock. The bed is a bit banged up and the seat back is ripped on top, but it drives nicely, has good tread left, and the dump bed works smoothly. It has a plastic canopy to keep the rain off, two work lights facing forward and two facing aft. The dealer has done the 300 hour service, replacing all fluids and filters.

Is $5700 a reasonable price for that little work horse?

Any particular trouble points to check on this year and model?

TIA,
Pete

/ 2007 RTV 900 price question #2  
I thought about getting a new RTV but given all the firewood hauling etc I do it would quickly get beat up. Soooo...my local dealer (who has always treated me right) has an '07 worksite model with 268 hours on the clock. The bed is a bit banged up and the seat back is ripped on top, but it drives nicely, has good tread left, and the dump bed works smoothly. It has a plastic canopy to keep the rain off, two work lights facing forward and two facing aft. The dealer has done the 300 hour service, replacing all fluids and filters.

Is $5700 a reasonable price for that little work horse?

Any particular trouble points to check on this year and model?

TIA,
Pete

That doesn't sound out of line, price wise.

The only issue I've heard of was u-joint wear, but that may have been prior to your year. I'm sure someone will post with the exact vintage of those. Other than that, they are tough vehicles.

/ 2007 RTV 900 price question #3  
if it helps, i purchaed a new 900RTV (worksite model) in June on 2008 and paid 11k for it...i've since added a winch it has 175 hrs on it and runs strong...it starts right up each time...

/ 2007 RTV 900 price question #4  
Pete,

Good to hear from you! I am thinking about an RTV. and from looking around locally, that is better than any price I have seen. The only things I've seen at that price had been trashed.

Will

/ 2007 RTV 900 price question #5  
I'll second others replies as any RTV I've seen at that price was pretty worn, probably 1500+ hours, needing tires and beat-up.

/ 2007 RTV 900 price question
Thanks for all the replies. I'll take a closer look this morning and put it thru its paces. If it checks out I'll give them the thumbs up.

This dealer's lot looks like a junkyard. He sells a lot of used equipment and there's always a pile of used parts around the side and back. But looks can be deceiving. It's very much an old-style (before the lawyers) sort of dealer who has no problem bringing you into the service dept so you can watch a procedure being done on a tractor in for service before running home and doing it yourself.

The FEL lift cylinder on my brand new B3030 sprung a leak -- fluid shooting 4 feet into the air from the weld where the hydraulic fitting mates up with the cylinder -- and they actually removed and reinstalled one on their grounds to show me how to do it. I really appreciate that level of help!

Pete

We went (the wife with a seriously bemused expression on her face), I test drove, put all switches and levers thru their paces. It shifts well, aside from a bit of resistance at times going from 2WD to 4WD and back. Not consistently, but feathering the go pedal didn't always help. Tom, my salesman, said that the PO kept it in 4WD all the time, so the linkage might need to be lubed and adjusted.

I was impressed with the unit overall, and put a deposit on it. Should take delivery the middle of next week after the adjustments etc. Looking forward to adding another orange hunk of machinery to the mix!

Pete

Hey old friend!

Barley and I will be passing close by your place next month. I'd planned on taking the ferry from St John to Digby, then cutting up the Annapolis Valley, but there's a huge motorcycle rally in Digby that week and the whole "Standard Harley Formation" thing gives me the heeby-jeebies. Just don't like being at the mercy of the worst rider in a group. So we'll be heading up to Moncton before turning east to the Atlantic coast. Larry's River, Louisbourg, Bras d' Or and Meat Cove will be our stops.

f46b1205.jpg

/ 2007 RTV 900 price question #10  
Have a good ride Pete. :thumbsup:

I'm in Alberta at the moment.:)