Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX24

Default Electric Heater in my RTV900

Has anyone ever installed one of these heaters in their UTV? It was promoted as an affordable solution, but I'm not seeing it because of the limited mounting options

Here's the link: UTV Heater
    Al Yelvington
    Russell, PA
    Kubota BX-24 & Kubota RTV-900
    FEL, BH, chipper, box grader, back blade, ford rake, disc harrow, sub-soiler, mid-soil buster, post hole digger, brush hog, spreader, sprayer, quick hitch, log splitter, block heater and lots of lights!

www.youtube.com/ayelvington

Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: Electric Heater in my RTV900

For what I know of electric heaters for tractor cabs that we have worked with, don't!

Tend to draw a lot of power and offers little for results. Get a water heater from curtis cab company or one the same.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX24

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    For what I know of electric heaters for tractor cabs that we have worked with, don't!

Tend to draw a lot of power and offers little for results. Get a water heater from curtis cab company or one the same.
    Well, I already have it. The heater draws about 20 amps that I DO HAVE, and water heaters draw $ that I DON'T HAVE

My real question is still, how do you mechanically install this puppy?

BTW: I'm installing a relay interlock that requires the engine to be on for the heater to work, so worry about killing the battery that way.
    Al Yelvington
    Russell, PA
    FEL, BH, chipper, box grader, back blade, ford rake, disc harrow, sub-soiler, mid-soil buster, post hole digger, brush hog, spreader, sprayer, quick hitch, log splitter, block heater and lots of lights!

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 & RTV1100

Quote Originally Posted by ayelvington View Post
    Well, I already have it. The heater draws about 20 amps that I DO HAVE, and water heaters draw $ that I DON'T HAVE

My real question is still, how do you mechanically install this puppy?

BTW: I'm installing a relay interlock that requires the engine to be on for the heater to work, so worry about killing the battery that way.
    I've seen them mounted under the dash slightly to the right of the gas pedal...There really ain't many other places to put them that don't put your knees at risk. I'm assuming its the "box" type heater.
    BX23TLB & RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX24

Quote Originally Posted by timswi View Post
    I've seen them mounted under the dash slightly to the right of the gas pedal...There really ain't many other places to put them that don't put your knees at risk. I'm assuming its the "box" type heater.
    Thanks amigo! I'll take a closer look tomorrow, and probably end up documenting the installation for the forum.

Al Yelvington
    Russell, PA

Ayelvington:

Please keep us posted on its performance. These heaters advertise 300 watts of power, which converts to 1023 BTUs. The water heaters that we offer for Gators and other cab heaters on the market are in the range of 15,000-20,000 BTUs. I would like to know if the electric one kicks out enough heat to warm the cab.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

I had one simalar to that and it was advertised for 300 watts of heat for my car for heater that quit. I can tell you, it might blow lukewarm air to my hands after it warms up, but it doesnt keep me warm in a car. IMHO, they are junk.

I'm going to purchase on and install it in my JD Gator HPX with the deluxe (Austrian) cab. The cab has plenty of headroom so I'm going to put it above the seats. this way it's a short run to the battery and it can be angled to blow air over the windshield to defrost it, which is the major reason to buy it. The lowest price for this heater I've found is $33.00 + $8.72 shipping = $41.72 from an Amazon vendor, Amazon.com: RoadPro RPSL-681 12V Direct Hook-Up Ceramic Heater/Fan with Swivel Base: Automotive

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX24

To all:

I never installed the heater. I should have done the math before I wrote the check because it probably would have fried my alternator if I had turned on the headlights while it was on. Too much risk for too little heat. I dumped it off at the local consignment auction. I'm looking for a hot water solution since the engine puts out enough heat for us all!
    Al Yelvington
    Russell, PA

Gold Member
    Tractor
    RTV1100 2009

What can we say?

Art told you so, long ago.

I installed the curtis heater that kubota sells, more money, but kit includes all the necessary hoses and instructions. One time fix, good heat, lots of it.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast