Input needed

/ Input needed #1  

Bigal1991

My father's birthday is coming up and the rest of us have been wanting to get him a side by side, we were thinking something along the lines I'd a tryx, but we werent really sold on any one brand. We know he doesn't want a razr (can't really work with it) and a mule just isn't fast enough, so what brand's side by side is best for us?

/ Input needed #2  
I'm partial to the Rhino

but aren't there a few flavors of RAZRs out there? Some more geared towards working?

/ Input needed
I kind of thought that's what the Tryx was for, a hybrid of the Razr and Rhino. But we are just looking for something along the Tryx line, and it doesn't have to be Kawasaki, thats just the only dealership we have in our town that we can look at.

/ Input needed
What would be better for riding the hatfield McCoy trails, big red, rhyno, or teryx?

/ Input needed #5  
I just bought a polaris ranger 400. Its a blast. The price was very good compared to the others you mentioned, it rides great, hits 45+ mph, tows well (I hitched a 2K lb trailer to it to try it out) and has a very good bed for hauling stuff. I tested a few others with the idea of work and play and ended up at the polaris. They also have a 500 EFI ($1000 more) or a 800 cc EFI ($3k more) but I really liked the 400 and I can deal with the carb and it starts and runs great.

I also liked that the polaris 400/500's can fit in a truck bed if needed. A lot of the bigger ones can't. Also, the bigger ones aren't as easy to drive on tight woods trails.

My 2 cents

Matt

/ Input needed #6  
What would be better for riding the hatfield McCoy trails, big red, rhyno, or teryx?

For the really rough trails, the Rhino or CAN AM Commander, the CAN AM Commander has the lowest gravity next to the RZR. I've heard good stuff about the Big Red, it has the same transmision as my Honda Rincon(automatic torque converter) but geared lower. As a matter of fact there are people using the gears from the Big Red and modifying the Rincon with great results.

/ Input needed #7  
I've got a Big Red. It's a nice mix of work and play. It's wide though so it's not going down narrow ATV trails and it's pretty heavy so you're not going to want to play in mud with it without a plan to get it out.

I got it because I don't like belts (and it was a demo so I got $4k off). I've spent too much money on belts for snow machines. It's done everything I've wanted to do but I would guess there are plenty of other brands that would also.

/ Input needed
About how fast will your Big Red go?