Default Input needed

My father's birthday is coming up and the rest of us have been wanting to get him a side by side, we were thinking something along the lines I'd a tryx, but we werent really sold on any one brand. We know he doesn't want a razr (can't really work with it) and a mule just isn't fast enough, so what brand's side by side is best for us?

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1533

Default Re: Input needed

I'm partial to the Rhino

but aren't there a few flavors of RAZRs out there? Some more geared towards working?
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function." -
    Prof. Al Bartlett

Any person is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts and outcomes. So one may believe as they will, but will be held accountable by the numbers for their beliefs. At the end of the day, life is a school of probability. Jesse via Jesse's Cafe Americain

I kind of thought that's what the Tryx was for, a hybrid of the Razr and Rhino. But we are just looking for something along the Tryx line, and it doesn't have to be Kawasaki, thats just the only dealership we have in our town that we can look at.

What would be better for riding the hatfield McCoy trails, big red, rhyno, or teryx?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX1830

I just bought a polaris ranger 400. Its a blast. The price was very good compared to the others you mentioned, it rides great, hits 45+ mph, tows well (I hitched a 2K lb trailer to it to try it out) and has a very good bed for hauling stuff. I tested a few others with the idea of work and play and ended up at the polaris. They also have a 500 EFI ($1000 more) or a 800 cc EFI ($3k more) but I really liked the 400 and I can deal with the carb and it starts and runs great.

I also liked that the polaris 400/500's can fit in a truck bed if needed. A lot of the bigger ones can't. Also, the bigger ones aren't as easy to drive on tight woods trails.

My 2 cents

Matt

Tractor
    MF GC2410

Quote Originally Posted by Bigal1991 View Post
    What would be better for riding the hatfield McCoy trails, big red, rhyno, or teryx?
    For the really rough trails, the Rhino or CAN AM Commander, the CAN AM Commander has the lowest gravity next to the RZR. I've heard good stuff about the Big Red, it has the same transmision as my Honda Rincon(automatic torque converter) but geared lower. As a matter of fact there are people using the gears from the Big Red and modifying the Rincon with great results.
    2010 MF GC2410 TLB, 2006 Husqvarna YTH 2448, 2004 Honda Rincon 650, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-Hemi.

I've got a Big Red. It's a nice mix of work and play. It's wide though so it's not going down narrow ATV trails and it's pretty heavy so you're not going to want to play in mud with it without a plan to get it out.

I got it because I don't like belts (and it was a demo so I got $4k off). I've spent too much money on belts for snow machines. It's done everything I've wanted to do but I would guess there are plenty of other brands that would also.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

About how fast will your Big Red go?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigal1991 View Post
    About how fast will your Big Red go?
    It's limited to 42 mph.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer