Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Default RTV 900 Question

I am asking about how the RTV with tracks is welcome on snowmobile trails. Are they even legal to run those trails? I see many snowmobile clubs groom track with a tracked RTV do people use those as their many transport. So far all I can see is regulations against steal tracks on the trails. Can I run an RTV in Yellowstone on snowmobile trails? Anyone ever do this or seen it done. With side by sides getting more popular I am wondering where they fit in or are allowed to run. The idea of running those trails in comfort of an RTV and enjoying the views in winter is interesting.

HS

Tractor
    RTV 500 with camoplast 4s utv tracks, Bobcat 773 with filled tires and steel tracks

Default Re: RTV 900 Question

Quote Originally Posted by houstonscott View Post
    I am asking about how the RTV with tracks is welcome on snowmobile trails. Are they even legal to run those trails? I see many snowmobile clubs groom track with a tracked RTV do people use those as their many transport. So far all I can see is regulations against steal tracks on the trails. Can I run an RTV in Yellowstone on snowmobile trails? Anyone ever do this or seen it done. With side by sides getting more popular I am wondering where they fit in or are allowed to run. The idea of running those trails in comfort of an RTV and enjoying the views in winter is interesting.

HS

In Minnesota I know that they are classified as type 2 atvs and not allowed to operate on grant-in-aid snowmobile trails. I think it's that side by sides are too wide for most trails in our woods as passing head on and in corners is a problem so unless it changed recently they are not allowed here. But out in the wide open country like Yellowstone where guys make their own trails I wouldn't see why not.

On a political side note, Minnesota requires all atv/utvs to be registered every three years even if used solely on private land exclusively for ag purposes. It really pisses me off so I figure I'd spread the bad policies of my state to tax the **** out of us. Found that out after using mine on the Ice last year, it's not a trail but the government only cares about getting their money. Sorry houston, the topic reminded me of that
    2001 Bobcat 773
    2010 RTV 500 with Camoplast 4s tracks