RTV 500 vs RTV 900

/ RTV 500 vs RTV 900 #1  
Tractor
Deere 330 Diesel, Kubota B2400, Kubota ZD28F
Since the 0% financing is available on both, the monthly payment is only about $50 more for the 900. If you had the make the choice for one, what would you do? This will be used for property chores (5 acres) and some limited travel on a paved road.

It's hard to pass up a diesel for $50, but I can't think of many tasks I can't do with the 500.:confused:

/ RTV 500 vs RTV 900 #2  
I think most of us RTV buyers start at the 500 then move to the 900 for the price difference but I kept going to the RTV1140 since I was buying mine mostly for the twin 6 year old Grands, felt I needed the extra seating. Grands love it but I've also used it alot and like the use of the extra bed size. Can shorten bed and have the two row seating when my wife goes with us, me and the Grands ride together in the front seat when it's just the three of us. Glad I got it and have almost a year of payments under my belt. Wish I had gotten it several years earlier.

/ RTV 500 vs RTV 900 #3  
I got the 900 and would do it again in a heart beat :thumbsup:

/ RTV 500 vs RTV 900 #4  
It really depends on what you're going to do with it...I currently have an RTV100 which I bought mainly for the cab and HVAC. It's a somewhat similar size to the 900.

I started out with an RTV500 and once I got the new design bugs worked out (they appear to be factory fixed now), I loved it.

RTV500 pros: Size, it will go pretty much where quads will go and it'll fit on a 10 ft utility trailer. Very fuel efficient and quit. Goes like a billy goat and is faily light.

RTV500 cons: Somewhat underpowered, although plenty enough for general use.

900 pros: Diesel power and efficiency. Very stable, a general tank and the best workhorse out there.

900 cons: Fairly big and heavy. Can get into trouble in the woods depending on trail width due to the size. Somewhat loud but not opressive.

Both are fantastic machines, just depends on what you intend to do with it.

Good luck.

/ RTV 500 vs RTV 900 #5  
Like timswi I think it depends a lot on what you plan to use it for. I have an RTV500 and am very happy with it. I do find that it can be big and awkward in my woods, though. If I had purchased the RTV900 I expect that I would be using my ATV more often because of the maneuverability. If my place was more open, however, the RTV900 would probably be a more attractive option.

/ RTV 500 vs RTV 900
Thanks for the input. As for my use for it, it will be for light duty, and quite frankly, I could probably do with a big golf cart with a bed. However, the RTV is much cooler and you can't ever have too coool of a toy. My property is only wooded in areas, so size wouldn't be too much of an issue. I guess it comes down to if you could have the 900 for only $50 more a month, would you get it? From a resale perspective, any upside to one over the other?

/ RTV 500 vs RTV 900 #7  
I'd pay the $50 more in a heart beat and I believe the resale will be better on the 900. One mans opinion.:) Course I've bought and traded 13 Kubotas in 8 years so resale has meant something to me.

/ RTV 500 vs RTV 900 #8  
I guess it comes down to if you could have the 900 for only $50 more a month, would you get it? From a resale perspective, any upside to one over the other?

When I bought my RTV500 I payed $8700 and the RTV900 was i think $12,500. I got the 0% interest too but besides the fact that the smaller size appealed to me I looked at overall spending almost half again as more for the 900 and liked the over all savings over extra monthly payment. But don't think for a minute that I didn't really want to buy that diesel..........surely was a hard choice that kept me up at night:laughing:

/ RTV 500 vs RTV 900 #10  
I have the 500 and have no desire for the 900, like Timswi mentioned the 500 can fit down ATV trails. I use my 500 for work but also for hunting which requires the ability to go through narrow trails to get where I'm going....a 900 wouldn't fit. My 500 is a beast, it will plow snow like it's nobody's business and I use it to move my bass boat around fairly often...that's nearly 3K towing.:thumbsup: I haul wood with it, pull brush and small stumps, plow snow, haul trailers around, use it for hunting....you name it and other than the finish in the bed lifting because of rust in the first year I've been happy with it overall.