Price for Used RTV 500

/ Price for Used RTV 500 #1  

Will_C

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560, Toro 52" and 60" ZTRs, Kubota RTV 900
I have been sitting on the fence about buying a UTV/RTV. I have considered both the 500 and the 900 in the Kubota line, as well as those from other manufacturers. I could use a 900, but I also would get alot of use from a smaller machine.

I just found a 2008 RTV 500 for sale. It is at a local lot that has a good reputation, and it is very clean. It does have 975 hours on it. The asking price is $6999, and the only option it has is the front brushguard.

My question, are these things worth that much used? It seems illogical to pay that much, when for $1900 more I could have a new one, take advantage of 0% financing, and not use my cash up front.

What should I expect to pay for a machine like that? I am thinking $5000-that's would be right. Let me know what you think.

Will

/ Price for Used RTV 500 #2  
Last year I bought a used 3 year old 900 RTV with winch-very handy for fence stretching etc, glass windshield ( $800 option which I highly recommend)power dump bed-also indespensible, plastic roof,rhino lined rear box and 69 hours for $7995 and the guy delivered it to my house from 90 miles away. No way would I pay what they are asking for one with almost 1000 hours. Just go with new rather than pay that much. That is a lot of hours on that 500. I like the diesel engine in my 900, dont know what the 500 has. Mine was just like new

/ Price for Used RTV 500 #3  
Seems high depending on what it has for accessories on it. These units really don't lose value that quickly. It also sounds like this is an asking price, I'm sure they are expecting lowball offers and priced accordingly. If I tried that one out and liked it I'd offer $5k and see the response from the dealer.:cool: