Mechron...

/ Mechron... #1  

patcopaul

I just placed a deposit on a new Mechron. I didn't have a coupon and configured it thusly (thusly?!?...really!); hydraulic bed lift, skid plates, CVC boot protectors, work site tires (I hope that's the right choice), front receiver and the winch adaptor, can't see paying >$600 for the winch.
I didn't get a windshield or the roof. I am in the enviable position of not having to go out in inclimate weather so I think I'll put a screen of some type in the front to protect me from tree branches. I want to be able to see so no roof for me.

I am paying $11,300US delivered. That seems to be the going rate.

The one thing that I am concerned about is the 75 miles (one way) to the nearest dealer. I'm pretty handy but I'm not a professional mechanic so I hope this thing will be bullet proof.

It should be delivered shortly after Thanksgiving.

Wish me luck.

cross posted in "Buying-Pricing".

/ Mechron... #2  
I hope you like your new "toy"! As for the work site tires, from pictures I've seen online they look like the same ones on my RTV. I'm a little over one year and 400 hours in and no signs of wear what so ever driving on gravel mostly and some on the road. They don't like up hill in very slick mud, but that could be an RTV thing. As for no roof or windshield, I'd bet you'll change your mind about not needing them. Maybe that's just me. I asked about a plastic windshield but the dealer talked me out of it saying that it would be so scratched up in a years time I wouldn't be happy and ended up with a glass one. Good luck and have fun with your new purchase.

/ Mechron... #3  
I just placed a deposit on a new Mechron. I didn't have a coupon and configured it thusly (thusly?!?...really!); hydraulic bed lift, skid plates, CVC boot protectors, work site tires (I hope that's the right choice), front receiver and the winch adaptor, can't see paying >$600 for the winch.
I didn't get a windshield or the roof. I am in the enviable position of not having to go out in inclimate weather so I think I'll put a screen of some type in the front to protect me from tree branches. I want to be able to see so no roof for me.

I am paying $11,300US delivered. That seems to be the going rate.

The one thing that I am concerned about is the 75 miles (one way) to the nearest dealer. I'm pretty handy but I'm not a professional mechanic so I hope this thing will be bullet proof.

It should be delivered shortly after Thanksgiving.

Wish me luck.

cross posted in "Buying-Pricing".

I have Mech-envy!

/ Mechron... #4  
Sounds like a heck of a deal to me! :thumbsup:

/ Mechron...
DT86 said..."As for no roof or windshield, I'd bet you'll change your mind about not needing them."

I don't doubt you are right.
Most of my time will be spent in the woods at very low speeds so I think the wire mesh will be sufficient. If I find that a wind screen is necessary I intend to get some Plexiglas and mount it behind the mesh to prevent scratches and make it easily removable for my low speed work. That's the current plan (fantasy), I haven't even taken delivery of the unit yet so time will tell.
I'm not sure about the roof. My buddy has a utv without a roof and it has been perfectly satisfactory. We're old and retired. We rarely get wet.
I just hope the machine meets my expectations... no small task.

/ Mechron... #6  
The roof was a must have for me on my RTV...even if it's not inclement weather I like to have it for shade on sunny days. It keeps you from roasting all day.

Congrats on the new rig, post up some pics when you get it. The relative new comers to the side by side market are the ones to watch, they learned from their competitors mistakes and should really be building some awesome products.:thumbsup:

/ Mechron... #7  
I put a roof and windscreen on my Ranger and now think I need (want) a back one. The dirt & damp gets the front screen very dirty, worse on the inside than outside due to backdraft while driving at speed.