JD E-Gator Question

/ JD E-Gator Question #1  

BrianP2

Tractor
John Deere E-Gator
Have an e-gator and the batteries will not accept a charge. I'm thinking will probably need to replace them. The problem is the cargo box is on a power lift. How do I get the cargo box up with no power in order to access the batteries? There does not seem to be any release lever like there is for a manual lift.

/ JD E-Gator Question #2  
Old post I know. Just bought one and was wondering the same thing. Maybe explosive bolts or something!

/ JD E-Gator Question #3  
This is the answer to an old question...:)

To be able to raise the bed with an inoperative lift you will need to un-pin the electric lift mechanism. This can be done by reaching under the rear of the machine and locating the pin that holds the lift mechanism to the frame of the machine, it is usually held in with a cotter pin. You will also need to unplug the wiring to the lift mechanism as it is usually zip tied to the frame and will not have enough slack to allow the bed to be lifted fully. Once this pin is disconnected you can raise the bed, the mechanism will still be attached to the bed so it will be slightly heavier to tilt than an normal manual bed. Once you have the bed lifted you can remove the pin on the bed end of the mechanism and remove it for replacement or repair.
CAUTION with the bed mechanism un-pined or removed there is nothing to secure the bed in the down or up possition. Unexpected tilting of the bed can cause injury. The manual latch/prop should be replaced if electric lift is to be left off.