Gator TX Starter Problem

/ Gator TX Starter Problem #1  

tallur4me

Tractor
DK45C
2005 model TX 2wheel drive. When trying to start there is just a click. Have put in new battery, another starter. Can jump the starter by using cable to lower terminal on starter and the starter works. Trying to determine if the key switch is bad. When the safety switch wires are pulled there is no click. Plug safety switch wires back in and just a click. While messing with the key switch I heard a pop like electrical short then after that there is no click when I turn the key to start position.
Any wisdom as to next procedure is appreciated.

/ Gator TX Starter Problem #2  
Mine was doing the same thing, also sometime when you'd turn the key it would take a second or two for the starter to start to roll. Tried some contact cleaner on it but did not help, just replaced the switch. All is good!

/ Gator TX Starter Problem
I just replaced the switch, still nothing but a click when I try to start the machine. Think maybe it could be one of the two relay fuses on the frame. Any way to tell which one it might be?
I am almost positive that the solinoid is ok. I have put two new startters the critter since it was new. The one on it now is less than a year old I think.
Any ideas appreciated.

/ Gator TX Starter Problem
FYI, I discovered the problem. There is a breakdown in the positive battery cable. Not enough power delevered to the starter to make it turn the engine. Found this by using a set of jumper cables and bypassing the positive battery cable essentially using the jumper cable for a battery cable. Engine turns over just fine.
I post this so maybe someone else will not have to spend all the time I've spent on this problem.