rtv kubota plow or boss utv plow

/ rtv kubota plow or boss utv plow #1  

countryboy8

Tractor
John Deere gator 4x2
What plow would be better for the kubota rtv 1100 the boss v utv plow or the kubota v plow im plowwing a half a mile gravel road so i need to know what the better plow is to get any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

/ rtv kubota plow or boss utv plow #2  
What plow would be better for the kubota rtv 1100 the boss v utv plow or the kubota v plow im plowwing a half a mile gravel road so i need to know what the better plow is to get any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Depends on how much snowfall you expect per event....That would dictate whether the V is worth the extra money...

With the standard plow, you may have to deal with the snow in 6-8" intervals during a storm...1/2 mile isn't as bad as it seems with one of these.

One other question, do you have enough area next to the driveway to push the snow, or will that end up closing in on you (banks on both sides etc)?

Last edited:
   / rtv kubota plow or boss utv plow
No there is enough room to push the snow into banks

/ rtv kubota plow or boss utv plow #4  
   / rtv kubota plow or boss utv plow #5  
I haven't seen the Boss plow mounted but we had a customer insist that we mount another make then the Kubota blade. I was impressed over how well it did with a 78" blade even with larger snowfalls that actually was the same height as the blade.

The blade that he liked did have a major flaw, the subframe only had an inch and a half of ground clearance!!!

He didn't like having to spend the money for a lift kit but it did give him enough clearance to do his gravel driveway.

Do check for the ground clearance!

/ rtv kubota plow or boss utv plow #6  
I haven't seen the Boss plow mounted but we had a customer insist that we mount another make then the Kubota blade. I was impressed over how well it did with a 78" blade even with larger snowfalls that actually was the same height as the blade.

The blade that he liked did have a major flaw, the subframe only had an inch and a half of ground clearance!!!

He didn't like having to spend the money for a lift kit but it did give him enough clearance to do his gravel driveway.

Do check for the ground clearance!

The 1100's plow much better than one would think..I can attest to that. I have the Curtis OEM plow and I'm happy with it's performance...Ground clearance under the subframe is my only complaint.

/ rtv kubota plow or boss utv plow #7  
I do not know how expensive the Kubota plow would be, but the Boss plow is very expensive. I have the JD heavy duty plow for my Gator, but would have the Boss plow if I could justify the additional $1500 in cost/installation. Boss gets my vote as the nicer plow; you may have to determine whether the cost merits the difference. The UTV will handle either fine.

John M

/ rtv kubota plow or boss utv plow #8  
Just plowed 8 or so inches of snow...No problem whatsoever.

/ rtv kubota plow or boss utv plow #9  
Move to Michigan it doesnt seem to snow here anymore:confused:

/ rtv kubota plow or boss utv plow #10  
my only complaint with curtis plow on my rtv is the electric up and down.One hyd. joy stick would be great and much easier to operate.Also in light fluffy snow a higher blade would be nice also.