Oil pan heater

/ Oil pan heater #1  

wayupnth

Anyone use an electric oil pan heater on a diesel UV? I have a diesel gator that needs some significant help starting on these cold days. No block heater and I'm not sure if I want to go that route. Any experience would be helpful. Also, what size is appropriate?

/ Oil pan heater #2  
I have a couple of magnetic oil pan heaters that work great. They are made by Philips and Temro Industries Inc., out of Eden Praire, MN. It's called a "ZEROSTART" Super Heat Magnate, 120V, 60 Hz, 200W. Ive used them on my 8N's and they seem to do the trick.

/ Oil pan heater #3  
They have a 200 watt magnetic at tractor supply for around 30 if I recall. Only concern with a utv is scraping it off with brush/snow unless you plan on just taking it off when you use it.

/ Oil pan heater #4  
I use a magnetic 100W heater on my Kubota 7100. The oil pan is exposed and it is easy to attach and remove the heater. I also have a Kubota RTV 1100. Its oil pan is behind a skid plate so I got a 50W patch type heater, attached it to the bottom of the pan and ran the power cord up into the cab. Just open the door and plug an extension cord into the heater plug. Obviously it takes the 50W heater some what longer to warm up the oil but both heaters work well.

/ Oil pan heater #5  
Curious. Are you running synthetic oil?

/ Oil pan heater #6  
I have always used 15W40 diesel oil in both the B7100 & the RTV1100. I change the oil and filter every 50 hours.

/ Oil pan heater #7  
Try Rotella T-6 synthetic 5-40 available at Wallyworld. I think you will be pleased with the easier starting. 50 hour OCI are really conservative, I think you could justify twice that long and the additional cost of the synthetic would be almost a wash.
Just my suggestion, take it or leave it.
I just (for the first time) put it in my XUV diesel and it starts nicer and runs better.