New to Kubota rtv community

/ New to Kubota rtv community #1  

Treehouse

Tractor
Kubota rtv 900
Bought a 2006 rtv 900 to haul wood and my young son around in mountains of western Maryland. Reading the posts here, I can see this is the right place for me to learn how to maintain and accessorize my son's new toy.

/ New to Kubota rtv community #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ New to Kubota rtv community #3  
Bought a 2006 rtv 900 to haul wood and my young son around in mountains of western Maryland. Reading the posts here, I can see this is the right place for me to learn how to maintain and accessorize my son's new toy.

Welcome to TBN...Go to the ATV/UTV section and join in...We love new ideas and suggestions.

:welcome:

/ New to Kubota rtv community #5  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the ATVs & Utility Vehicles Forum.

/ New to Kubota rtv community #6  
welcome aboard. i do A LOT of wood hauling with my rtv 900. i love the machine. put about half a face cord of fire wood in it at a time. hope you enjoy yours as much as i have enjoyed mine.

/ New to Kubota rtv community #7  
The older RTVs (like mine) had a mail slot sized opening just under the center seatbelt anchor points, presumably to give greater airflow to the fan just behind the seats. The new ones have a solid backing.

If yours has that opening, SEAL IT! My dog and I were coming back with a load of firewood when he let out a shriek and tried to jump out. His tail was caught on something and I instinctively reached down to free him. His tail and my finger passed thru that open slot and impacted the radiator fan.

For Tully it was two surgeries and the eventual loss of half his tail; the vet bills totalled $1255. For me it was a trip to the ER, followed by a trip to the OR. The end of my right middle finger (from the last knuckle on) looked like hamburger with the bone sticking out at an odd angle. The surgeon said he would probably amputate, but while I was under he got a better look and managed to save the finger. It looks like crap (three months later) and I probably will never regain full sensation, but it's still there and it works.

My medical bills came to nearly $14,000, plus having to deal with an exceptionally painful injury -- fingers hurt when they get mangled!

The newer RTVs do not have that opening, so the additional airflow is not needed. Please take a look at yours and if you have the open design, cover it up!

/ New to Kubota rtv community #8  
Welcome TREEHOUSE, I too have a kubota 900, and love it!, If its not filled with wood it's filled with chain saws or tools when it becomes a portable work bench. You will love this machine! and again i say welcome to the kubota family! . . .John

Attachments

• Bota doing his thing.jpg
    Bota doing his thing.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 1,312
  • moto_0243.jpg
    moto_0243.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 403
  • moto_0242.jpg
    moto_0242.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 776
  • Kubota  read to go.jpg
    Kubota read to go.jpg
    835.9 KB · Views: 685
  • just playing around.jpg
    just playing around.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 4,061
   / New to Kubota rtv community #9  
a handy accessory is to install a 2000 watt inverter just above the battery on the left side. It gives you 20A 110V power to use your regular power tools in the field, including air compressors etc.

/ New to Kubota rtv community #10  
a handy accessory is to install a 2000 watt inverter just above the battery on the left side. It gives you 20A 110V power to use your regular power tools in the field, including air compressors etc.
Sounds like you've done this. Let's see pictures, price and purchase source.