Tractor
    Kubota rtv 900

Default New to Kubota rtv community

Bought a 2006 rtv 900 to haul wood and my young son around in mountains of western Maryland. Reading the posts here, I can see this is the right place for me to learn how to maintain and accessorize my son's new toy.

Tractor
    None currently

Welcome to TBN.
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 & RTV1100

Default Re: New to Kubota rtv community

Quote Originally Posted by Treehouse View Post
    Bought a 2006 rtv 900 to haul wood and my young son around in mountains of western Maryland. Reading the posts here, I can see this is the right place for me to learn how to maintain and accessorize my son's new toy.
    Welcome to TBN...Go to the ATV/UTV section and join in...We love new ideas and suggestions.

BX23TLB with 54" MMM
    RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow
    Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Good to have you aboard.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    None

WELCOME to TBN

I moved your thread to the ATVs & Utility Vehicles Forum.
    Briana
    TBN Support

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    kubota b3200 for sale: kubota b7800 for sale: kubota rtv900: kubota mx5200 on the way

welcome aboard. i do A LOT of wood hauling with my rtv 900. i love the machine. put about half a face cord of fire wood in it at a time. hope you enjoy yours as much as i have enjoyed mine.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3240HST, KX-121-3S

The older RTVs (like mine) had a mail slot sized opening just under the center seatbelt anchor points, presumably to give greater airflow to the fan just behind the seats. The new ones have a solid backing.

If yours has that opening, SEAL IT! My dog and I were coming back with a load of firewood when he let out a shriek and tried to jump out. His tail was caught on something and I instinctively reached down to free him. His tail and my finger passed thru that open slot and impacted the radiator fan.

For Tully it was two surgeries and the eventual loss of half his tail; the vet bills totalled $1255. For me it was a trip to the ER, followed by a trip to the OR. The end of my right middle finger (from the last knuckle on) looked like hamburger with the bone sticking out at an odd angle. The surgeon said he would probably amputate, but while I was under he got a better look and managed to save the finger. It looks like crap (three months later) and I probably will never regain full sensation, but it's still there and it works.

My medical bills came to nearly $14,000, plus having to deal with an exceptionally painful injury -- fingers hurt when they get mangled!

The newer RTVs do not have that opening, so the additional airflow is not needed. Please take a look at yours and if you have the open design, cover it up!
    Kubota L3240HST, LA721 FEL, Farmi 531 winch, Woods 72" Brush Bull, LandPride RB2584 blade with hydraulic angle
    Kubota KX121-3S, angle blade w/ float, hydraulic thumb
    2012 BMW R1200GSA for solo adventures
    2010 BMW R1200GSA w/ sidecar for adventures with my dog - www.TravelsWithBarley.com

Tractor
    Mahindra 2810 HST, Kioti DK35SE HST

Welcome TREEHOUSE, I too have a kubota 900, and love it!, If its not filled with wood it's filled with chain saws or tools when it becomes a portable work bench. You will love this machine! and again i say welcome to the kubota family! . . .John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bota-doing-his-thing-jpg   -moto_0243-jpg   -moto_0242-jpg   -kubota-read-go-jpg   -just-playing-around-jpg  

Lord, Help me to be the man my dog thinks i am . . .John. Mahindra 2810HST, 108H loader with Quick tach buckets and forks. Kioti DK35SE HST with loader, Hyd. top link and second set of rear remotes, 60" and 66" buckets, Kubota 900 RTV and a bunch of other good stuff
    Buy more equipment, It makes life easier.!

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660, Kubota RTV 900

a handy accessory is to install a 2000 watt inverter just above the battery on the left side. It gives you 20A 110V power to use your regular power tools in the field, including air compressors etc.
    Sheldon Haynie
    Lightheart Cellars
    Vineyard Management & Bottle Washer

Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680e BX25D RTV1140

Quote Originally Posted by LightheartCellars View Post
    a handy accessory is to install a 2000 watt inverter just above the battery on the left side. It gives you 20A 110V power to use your regular power tools in the field, including air compressors etc.
    Sounds like you've done this. Let's see pictures, price and purchase source.
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, .. Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 15 Subaru Outback. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport