reviews and pricing comparisons for current diesel UTV's?

/ reviews and pricing comparisons for current diesel UTV's? #11  
If you let the CVT freewheel accidentally on our XUV 850D, you just apply slight throttle until the CVT engages again and you have engine braking. A driving technique adjustment but not a major issue, IMO.

/ reviews and pricing comparisons for current diesel UTV's? #12  
I am a huge Kubota fan (own a Kubota L3940 and lots of Kubota attachments), but when it comes to UTV's I would highly recommend you consider the Kawasaki Mule. I own a 2007 3010 trans 4x4 that has been worked and worked and keeps coming back for more. The newer models now have EFI for gas and the diesels are excellent as well. They also have hydraulic dump beds and power steering. There are also a multitude of attachments and options available (put a Warn winch on mine). I plan on buying another Mule in about a year, despite my love for Kubota. Check out the Mule! :thumbsup:

/ reviews and pricing comparisons for current diesel UTV's? #13  
I am a huge Kubota fan (own a Kubota L3940 and lots of Kubota attachments), but when it comes to UTV's I would highly recommend you consider the Kawasaki Mule. I own a 2007 3010 trans 4x4 that has been worked and worked and keeps coming back for more. The newer models now have EFI for gas and the diesels are excellent as well. They also have hydraulic dump beds and power steering. There are also a multitude of attachments and options available (put a Warn winch on mine). I plan on buying another Mule in about a year, despite my love for Kubota. Check out the Mule! :thumbsup:

That's encouraging Happy man because I'm very close to buying a 2012 trans diesel. The Mules I've dealt with in the past have been bullet proof reliable so that is a factor in my decision making. As far as I know there are only two diesel UTVs with the expandable configuration, Trans Mule and RTV. Here's another discussion of the two. Buying 2012 Mule 4010 Trans Diesel 4x4 from Dealer

/ reviews and pricing comparisons for current diesel UTV's? #14  
I did a quick look tonight and while I am kin to Kubota since i have an older BX23, I kind of think their UTV's need some refinement. I believe they look the same as they did in 09.

I think the bobcat may be worth a look, at first galce on their site it looks sweet,with plent of optional upgrades,not to mention the quick attachments...noy sure what kind of tranny they have or how the pricing is though. It seemed to catch my eye though.

/ reviews and pricing comparisons for current diesel UTV's? #15  
Yes, the new CVT's on the new Gators are nothing like the death traps of the older 6x4. Not only did they have a nominal CVT system, they had no suspension and coupled wheel FWD. Not good on slick surfaces as the downhill ski would begin. No comparison with the new Gators, they do much better. Not as good as the Kubota, but the Kubota does not have the speed of the Gators, either.

John M

/ reviews and pricing comparisons for current diesel UTV's? #16  
We have a 2008 Mule trans. diesel. Pulls good, never gets stuck. Like most it is very noisey, drove a Cub Cadet also noisey but they have a "quiet kit" for use with a cab. I don't like the CVT. It is had to start a load gently, the down hill is all brakes unless you get it throttled up to engage the CVT. But I don't want to go down that fast. If you can swing the price I would go with the Kubota or Honda to get away from the CVT. I'll bet the Kubota is quieter too. Just my two cents.

/ reviews and pricing comparisons for current diesel UTV's? #17  
I would say take a closer look at the Bobcat!
Its powered by a Yanmar diesel, comes standard with power steering.
bobcat utv.jpg

/ reviews and pricing comparisons for current diesel UTV's? #18  
Oldtractorfixer said on CVTs...

"It is hard to start a load gently, the down hill is all brakes unless you get it throttled up to engage the CVT. But I don't want to go down that fast."

While I don't believe that any CVT is as good as an HST I find that with a Kioti Mechron in low range you can start FAIRLY gently and will go down a grade very slowly, < 2 mph, in an easily control manner. You do have to keep a little throttle to accomplish this but it works very well. I think nearly everyone would be comfortable with a heavy load going down hill in a Mechron.

I suppose the question is... is an Kobota HST worth $2000 or $3000 more than a well built alternative. I suppose that if you put many hours yearly I'd get that the Kobota but since I put maybe 3 hours weekly on mine the additional cost isn't justified.

For value check out a Mechron. I think they are the best value to be had right now. It has a nice little diesel, well thought out suspension and very sophisticated and flexible fwd system. The biggest downside, for me anyway, is the lack of attachments for the unit so far. I hope that changes.

/ reviews and pricing comparisons for current diesel UTV's? #19  
We have a 900RTV and a 1100RTV. We also have a Cushman 1600D (Which is the Kioti Mechron) All Diesel. They are all used as working machines and all work well. I would look for a machine with Hydraulics to maximize versatility. We put snow plows on the front and a 3-point hitch on the back, to disc, and seed and grade etc...

The Kubota's are heavier. Their frame and suspension is a little beefier, than most of the competitors at this price point. But the Cushman works really well too.

You may want to consider a BobCat Toolcat. They are very pricey. But very heavily built for working and They have 4 wheel turning.

DC

/ reviews and pricing comparisons for current diesel UTV's? #20  
I haven't heard much in the way of numbers so far in this thread. If anyone has purchased or received quotes on diesel machines let's hear about it. I received a quote today on a Kubota 1140 with "up air kit" and plastic roof for 17,191.00. With tax, insurance and other fees it's just shy of 20,000. Is this in the ballpark for what other 1140 owners paid? MSRP on the diesel trans mule is 12,200 and "up air kit" is standard on the Mule. On the Kubota site, glove box and front accessory box are listed as accessories, while they are standard on the Mule. I was initially set on the Mule because I just wasn't seeing how the Kubota could be worth almost 8,000 more, but now I'm reconsidering the Kubota because the dealer seems to be far easier to work with.