Kubota RTV snorkel

/ Kubota RTV snorkel #1  

Jsour001

Tractor
2011 kubota rtv 900
Hello, sorry if this has already been discussed but does anyone know who makes a snorkel kit for a 2011 kubota rtv 900

/ Kubota RTV snorkel #2  
Jsour001

Only Kubota makes one specifically for the RTV. Gray Brothers in Ft. Smith was selling them for $188. I purchased mine at Fiser in Russellville. Others have made their own by using ridig or flex tubing to raise the suction higher. However you accomplish this, it will the best modfication for you engine. I was having to clean my filter about every 2 weeks during summer 2011. Since installing the hi-rise in September, I've not identified any dust buildup on the pre-filter.

prehm
New Blaine, AR

/ Kubota RTV snorkel #4  
you can do the same thing but cheaper just by taling the air breather off and fitting on some pvc pipe from the intake all the way to the top of the cab and refit the breather on the end of it. total cost for doing it yourself should be around 30.00 at the most but probably cheaper than that.

/ Kubota RTV snorkel #5  
On my 1140, I looked at crafting a high rise air intake from PVC but couldn't figure out how to do it and retain adequate air flow....the configuration causes numerous constrictions...seems to me it requires something similar to the special attachment that Kubota provides. Anyway, in the end I concluded that I would simply purchase the too expensive kit from Kubota. Other models may not have this problem.

Agreed, a high rise of some sort is extremely advisable....else air intake is directly in the dust cloud behind the front wheel...and air filter clogs extremely quickly.

/ Kubota RTV snorkel #6  
Hey Texas John, as the air filters themselves are scarey expensive, by installing the high rise air intake, did you have to abandon the use of any of the existing filter canisters?

/ Kubota RTV snorkel #7  
No...the Kubota snorkel fits directly onto the box holding the air filter. Existing filters not disturbed. However, dust entry into the filters is reduced by about 95% or better in my case...nothing but dusty roads here on my place...IMHO, this is a design problem...vehicle should come with snorkel standard and as part of the roll bar...terribly expensive part, but gotta have it unless you are really handy in fabricating such...even then, it would be best if you saw one installed before you try to fabricate one yourself.

/ Kubota RTV snorkel #8  
Thanks again John, no fabrication here, I'll have to have Kubota do it for me....for better or worse, my wife doesn't like the none OEM "look" some of my past modifications have produced for various things around the house.....so, I spend time fabricating trees into firewood and building chicken coops.....RTV stays OEM for the most part.....

/ Kubota RTV snorkel #9  
I did my own install...had dealer ship the snorkel to me directly...They wanted an amazing amount for install....takes about an hour, simple tools, no hassle, one person, enjoy brew during install. I seem to recall there was a paper giving instructions in the box. Looks good in the end. Perfect match.