UTV "dump truck"

/ UTV "dump truck" #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
I came across this company that modifies Polaris Ranger's:

ASAP All Terrain | Off Road Emergency Rescue | Polaris ATV | Alternative Support

They mostly do units fire Fire/EMS departments, but they now offer a "dump body".

ASAP Custom Select All Terrain | Off Road Emergency Rescue | Polaris ATV | Alternative Support

ASAP-HeavyHauler_032.jpg

Actually, it's a base flatbed that can be modified different ways; one of them being a dump body.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwWfErPdM8k&feature=relmfu"]ASAP Select Series - YouTube[/ame]

Select-Series-Spec-Table.jpg

The dump has a 1 cubic yard and 2500lb capacity. I have no idea of price, but I thought it was interesting, nevertheless.

Attached is a option sheet:

Attachments

• 2012-SELECT-SERIES-MODEL-OPTIONS-NO-PRICES-SEPT-16-2011-1.pdf
    106.9 KB · Views: 504
   / UTV "dump truck" #2  
that does look like it would come in handy around the farm

/ UTV "dump truck" #4  
Of course the Kubota RTV has a hydraulic dump bed rated for 1500#. Yes, it's nice.

Ken

/ UTV "dump truck" #6  
Yeah, I know...but this bed has removable sides, can hold more weight, and is
bigger.

It's actually too big for anything except a ranch.....I'd be concerned about a CVT with a potential bed load like that.

Anyone who needs that would do better with a dump truck.

/ UTV "dump truck" #7  
Combines use CVTs. They seem pretty big :D

Seriously, there should be a reputation out there pretty soon with this company, if the pictures can be trusted to show the different buyers who've purchased these custom units.

/ UTV "dump truck" #8  
I really like it and have thought about doing something like that to my Mule. I don't load it up with dirt or gravel, so weight isn't that big of a concern. I do like to use it to haul lumber or fencing to where I'm working instead of my truck. A bigger bed would be much nicer to have.

Eddie

/ UTV "dump truck" #9  
Combines use CVTs. They seem pretty big :D

Seriously, there should be a reputation out there pretty soon with this company, if the pictures can be trusted to show the different buyers who've purchased these custom units.

combines don't use a CVT (belt) for propulsion, hydros are used for that.
The Belt cvt is just for varying the cylinder speed and there really isn't much in the way of resistance on the cylinder. That and the cylinder is a LARGE flywheel, most spikes in load on the cylinder are absorbed by the large inertia the cylinder itself. if you ever happen to plug a combine up it will smoke the belt in a heartbeat!
Polarises are CVT belt eaters in stock configuration and this dump bed will make it 10X worse

/ UTV "dump truck" #10  
combines don't use a CVT (belt) for propulsion, hydros are used for that.
The Belt cvt is just for varying the cylinder speed and there really isn't much in the way of resistance on the cylinder. That and the cylinder is a LARGE flywheel, most spikes in load on the cylinder are absorbed by the large inertia the cylinder itself. if you ever happen to plug a combine up it will smoke the belt in a heartbeat!
Polarises are CVT belt eaters in stock configuration and this dump bed will make it 10X worse

That was my thought too.