Find of the day, Toro Workman 2100

/ Find of the day, Toro Workman 2100 #1  

aczlan

Good Morning
Tractor
Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660. Formerly: Case 480F LL, David Brown 880UE
Picked up a Toro Workman 2100 today.
Appears to be a 2001 model, appears to be in rough, but working order and (to use a phrase popular on Steel Soldiers) "the hour meter has ~380 hours on it"
Pictures from the sellers ad:
ToroSide.jpg ToroFront.jpg

Pictures of it on the trailer at home:
IMAG0513 (Custom).jpg IMAG0512 (Custom).jpg

It has a 16 hp 2 cyl Briggs Vanguard engine, golf cart style clutches/drive belt and works great (little bit loud though).

Aaron Z

/ Find of the day, Toro Workman 2100 #2  
Rough condition? The pictures make it look really good.

/ Find of the day, Toro Workman 2100
Rough condition? The pictures make it look really good.
Was somewhat intentional. Nothing major, rust on the frame, most of the paint gone on the floorboards, cracks where the red plastic hood bolts on, loose steering gearbox, cracked seats, missing tailgate, drive clutch needs work and a few other things like that.

Aaron Z

/ Find of the day, Toro Workman 2100 #4  
I need to get out more, I didn't know Toro even had a unit like this. Kind of looks like a VW Bug dune buggy. :)

have fun with your new find!

Thanks, installed an aircleaner filter today (was no filter :thumbsup:), replaced the fuel filter and ran it a little. Need to get a new starter/generator belt, but I didn't have a chance to pull it last night. Maybe sometime next week.

Aaron Z

Update: After replacing the starter belt, tweaking the throttle cables, replacing the choke cable and adding a trailer hitch, it is very useful and quieter (there is an RPM range where is is loud and once you get up past that it quiets down).
I have pulled an empty haywagon with it and it behaved well. I have also used it to move quite a bit of stone and dirt and it worked well for that too.

Aaron Z

Update: After more tweaking, I have the engine RPMS where they were supposed to be, got the cables properly lubricated (to improve throttle response) and got the throttle return spring properly placed. Runs like a top now and my FIL has decided to sell it and get an RTV500...
Its going to the guy who does our excavation work and he is getting a decent deal on it (his wife has been wanting something "gator like" for a while and he hasn't wanted to pay $4k or more for a beat to snot Gator).
I will miss the huge bed, but adding 4wd, a quieter machine, the hydro transmission and a cab should make it worth it. Also plans in the works to make a trailer which should help negate the bed size difference.

We also looked at the RTV400, Gator 550, Gator 625i, Honda Big Red and Kawasaki Mule 610.
RTV400: Too loud, didn't really like the transmission when pulling the baler to put it in the barn
Gator 550: Sat one one, but didn't drive it, the fool at Deere who thought that putting wheel wells in the bed of a utility vehicle was a good idea ruled that one out for us. Also the RTV500 had better pricing/financing
Gator 625i: Had a demo, really liked the machine, but it was too tall. The cab and bed floors were the same height as our 1/2 ton 4x4 pickup. Also the RTV500 had better pricing/financing
Honda Big Red: Too big to get around and didn't really like it
Kawasaki Mule 610: A little small and preferred the HST transmission found in the RTV500

Aaron Z