Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2012 Kubota RTV900 (x4)

Default Kubota RTV900 tire wear & camber

Hey y'all--

I'm experiencing uneven wear to the outside 1/3 of my front tires. You can see the positive camber (top of the tire is tilted out) and that's obviously the cause. I have the GP model with HDWS tires, hard top, glass windshield & wiper, soft doors, brush guard in front and hitch in rear. They run on 100% pavement. I tow with them, but the trailers are like farm wagons, with no tongue weight.

I don't know if I have optional HD struts/springs. I'll check my invoice.

Anyone have suggestions?

thanks
    kevin

Tractor
    NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw 61" ZTR

Default Re: Kubota RTV900 tire wear & camber

Kevin,

My owner's manual is at my farm and so I can't check, but I thought there was a section on front-wheel alignment. Am I mistaken?

Steve

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ford 7710, Ford 550, Ford 1910, Ford 4430, KD Forklift, Ford LGT17H, New Holland L255 Skidsteer

Check your tow-in. Measure from tire to tire on the front of the tires at the center-line. Do the same at the rear of the front tire. Compare the measurements. They should be the same number, 0 toe-in OR toe-in of 1/4", the front being 1/4" narrow than the rear measurement.

Tractor
    2012 Kubota RTV900 (x4)

Sorry for the waste of BW... I checked with the dealer, who says I do have HD struts (or springs, he couldn't recall which right away), which are specified with the cab package. He still has my standard parts and will give them back to me. I'll put them on and likely solve my problem.

Steve-- Thanks for the reply. Only toe is adjustable. If changing the springs back to standard doesn't solve the problem, I may be able to modify the strut mounts for adjustable camber. We'll see...

Thanks all
    kevin

Tractor
    2012 Kubota RTV900 (x4)

TractorTech--

Thanks, but a toe problem causes a different type of tire wear, and my incorrect camber is severe enough it's plain to see by eye - no measurement needed. If I get the front height down a bit, it should be fine.

I can say the HDWS tires are obviously a lot tougher than the turf tires I was running on my previous vehicles. Who's got the best price on top-quality replacements?

thanks
    kevin

Tractor
    2012 Kubota RTV900 (x4)

Silverstone has OTR 350 HDWS for $95. That's the best I've found so far...

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by vfr700f2 View Post
    Sorry for the waste of BW... I checked with the dealer, who says I do have HD struts (or springs, he couldn't recall which right away), which are specified with the cab package. He still has my standard parts and will give them back to me. I'll put them on and likely solve my problem.

Steve-- Thanks for the reply. Only toe is adjustable. If changing the springs back to standard doesn't solve the problem, I may be able to modify the strut mounts for adjustable camber. We'll see...

Thanks all
    kevin
    I had the same issue when my snow plow was removed..The HD struts do throw off the camber to compensate for the weight..Wish they were adjustable...With the OEM, normal struts, you should be fine...Running on 100% pavement is going to eat some tires regardless.
    BX23TLB with 54" MMM
    RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow
    Z724 ZTR
    Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Tractor
    Kubota M5040, M9540, B21 TLB, B2710, RTV900, JD 325 Skid steer, KX-121-3 mini excavator

Quote Originally Posted by timswi View Post
    I had the same issue when my snow plow was removed..The HD struts do throw off the camber to compensate for the weight..Wish they were adjustable...With the OEM, normal struts, you should be fine...Running on 100% pavement is going to eat some tires regardless.
    I remember when we bought our RTV, the dealer said there were two options to beefing up the front end for the snow plow. Ours has been okay (500+ hours) so perhaps they went the other way (HD springs maybe? I don't remember.)

Ken

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

Quote Originally Posted by vfr700f2 View Post

Who's got the best price on top-quality replacements?

thanks
    kevin
    Check with salesman at dealer. Tire and Rim combos through whole goods can be well priced, neighbor got bar tires for his BX cheaper than what his son could get them for working at a tire shop.

David Kb7uns
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Tractor
    2012 Kubota RTV900 (x4)

Thanks David. I'll check that out. Tires alone via kubota parts are ~$140.

I got my original springs back, so I'l get them on and see how it goes.

Thanks all!

kevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast