RTV Titles?

/ RTV Titles?
There is definitely a title, when I bought my 500 I had to contact the dealer about the title. They gave me a copy of the title so I could register mine. It was also how I learned that my buggy was a different year than they had claimed and all the paperwork was incorrect that they had given me...initially I told them to come get it and I would buy another buggy from somewhere else....they decided to sweeten the deal alot so I ended up keeping it after all. I still don't know if it was a mistake on their part or if they were trying to pull one over on me.:confused3:

There will certainly be a title when I am done with this! If it is supposed to have one, I will certainly need it if I want to sell it later on!

/ RTV Titles? #12  
There will certainly be a title when I am done with this! If it is supposed to have one, I will certainly need it if I want to sell it later on!

Maybe I am not making myself clear, I am trying to help. Of course you will have a title when you are done, but in order to get a title on a NEW, new as in a BRAND NEW never registered vehicle, you need the mfgr certicate of origin. It has worked this way in every new vehicle I have bought be it car, truck, atv, motorcycle, snowmobile , trailer etc. The certificate of origin is only ever used 1 time, upon new vehicle registration. And the mfgr provides it.

The fact that Kubota credit sent you a COPY of the certificate reinforces my statement. You are going to need that original to gain title.

Your dealer should have handled this. In PA you are required to register all atv/utv vehicles. There are 2 types of registration, one is for use on your property only, there is no annual fee for this type. The other is for use anywhere allowed, it requires an annual fee, insurance etc.

If your dealer is of no help, seek the service of a good notary.

/ RTV Titles?
Maybe I am not making myself clear, I am trying to help. Of course you will have a title when you are done, but in order to get a title on a NEW, new as in a BRAND NEW never registered vehicle, you need the mfgr certicate of origin. It has worked this way in every new vehicle I have bought be it car, truck, atv, motorcycle, snowmobile , trailer etc. The certificate of origin is only ever used 1 time, upon new vehicle registration. And the mfgr provides it.

The fact that Kubota credit sent you a COPY of the certificate reinforces my statement. You are going to need that original to gain title.

Your dealer should have handled this. In PA you are required to register all atv/utv vehicles. There are 2 types of registration, one is for use on your property only, there is no annual fee for this type. The other is for use anywhere allowed, it requires an annual fee, insurance etc.

If your dealer is of no help, seek the service of a good notary.

I know you are trying to help, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I understand what needs to happen, I just need to get the dealer to understand that it is their job to do it!

/ RTV Titles? #14  
Gotcha. Do not be surprised if the dealer charges a fee for his services. There will also be fees and charges from the state.

/ RTV Titles? #15  
Once you get the title figured out you may still have other issues involved in making this street legal. It doesn't fall into the golf cart or SMV rules because the vehicle can go over 25 MPH. In Michigan to make one legal it has to meet vehicle requirements such as; DOT approved tires, headlights, tailights, brake lights, turn signals, horn, and laminated glass windshield (list may not be complete). Then you take the vehicle to local law enforcement for an inspection of these items and fill out a form designed for "assembled vehicles". Then you take this form, your title and insurance to Secretary of State (our licensing bureau) and they will issue a plate.

/ RTV Titles? #16  
It doesn't fall into the golf cart or SMV rules because the vehicle can go over 25 MPH.

The specs for the OP's 1140 and my 900 indicate a top speed of 25 MPH. Just curious, does that disqualify those models in Michigan?

Steve

/ RTV Titles? #17  
I don't know about UTV's but in Ohio a registration is required for ATV's to get a sticker to ride on state land that allows riding there. I once bought a used ATV from a fellow on the condition that he furnished me a clear title for this ATV. When he tried to get the title the research showed that his ATV stolen. The police made him turn the ATV in and he lost this ATV. And the money he paid for it. He bought the ATV in Kentucky which didn't require registration at that time he bought it. I would hold out for some sort of registration or title.

I never received a title for either of my RTV's...I don't believe that one exists..Both were bought in Ohio...I do know that you need a bill of sale with proof of sales tax paid to get a plate for them in PA at least.

/ RTV Titles? #18  
Ohio requires a title for ATV's. Ohio ATV insurance companies requires this also. If there something amiss when you try to transfer the title on an ATV at the BMV in Ohio it will make for a very bad day. They are watching for stolen ATV's. And that's a good thing. Certificate of origin works good on trailers in Ohio but not on ATV's. You can try this anyway you want in Ohio. I have. If you have found out a better way then this please let me know.

/ RTV Titles? #19  
The specs for the OP's 1140 and my 900 indicate a top speed of 25 MPH. Just curious, does that disqualify those models in Michigan?

Steve

Not sure about this. I had assumed the RTV would go faster than 25mph. Most of the reading I have done was for UTVs in general. I have a Polaris Ranger that I was interested in making street legal. Sorry if I misled.

/ RTV Titles? #20  
I rec'd no title on my RTV1140 nor on any of the other 12 Kubotas I've bought but the RTV isn't street legal so I don't care about a title. I'm believing the Certificate or Origin is the correct answer and then your State will issue a title. I also believe your dealer should help you obtain that Original Certificate of Origin for no cost but once he gets it for you, your on your own in regard to getting the Gvmnt to issue you a title.
My RTV1140 will get up to 27MPH going down a slope and maybe faster down a steep hill but on a flat road about 24MPH is about its max. I didn't get it for speed so those that want speed don't buy the Kubota buy one of the speedy ones. I wanted a worker and not a speeder.:)