Gold Member

Default kawasaki mule 2510 noise

I have a Kawasaki Mule 2510 4wd UTV. It makes a loud bang at times when one is gaining speed, although still very slow. The first time it did that I thought I broke an axle or wheel. It was that loud and almost a sound like metal breaking. I actually stopped to see if there was anything broken or damaged. Found none but it made the same sound several more times over the course of travel back to the barn of about .5 mile.
    The bed is latched and I cannot find anything loose, rubbing or hitting. Any thoughts at all? Thanks

Gold Member

Default Re: kawasaki mule 2510 noise

Quote Originally Posted by yanmars View Post
    I have a Kawasaki Mule 2510 4wd UTV. It makes a loud bang at times when one is gaining speed, although still very slow. The first time it did that I thought I broke an axle or wheel. It was that loud and almost a sound like metal breaking. I actually stopped to see if there was anything broken or damaged. Found none but it made the same sound several more times over the course of travel back to the barn of about .5 mile.
    The bed is latched and I cannot find anything loose, rubbing or hitting. Any thoughts at all? Thanks
    I "think" I found the answer. I believe the rod assembly that holds up the tilt bed was striking the bed and making that noise. I am hopeful that was it. I ran it in hi and low, 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive, fast and slow and with the diff locked. I could not duplicate the sound but I think it was that rod.