Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100
Hmmm... I've got RTV900s, and have fitted car wheels with 5x4.5 pattern on them. 5x114mm is about the same, and is probably the actual measurement, but then you have to search junkyards for oddball wheels. Maybe your 1140s have a different pattern.

Anyway, I just tested the wheel fit today. The HD springs will be replaced with standard, the tires will go on and I'll be back on the road next week. Mine tow passenger tram trailers on pavement. I've had them about 3 months and put 800+ hours on each (I have 4), and the HDWS's are bald on the outside 2/3s of the tread, while the inside 1/3 is virgin. They've been rotated front to rear, but not dismounted and flipped inside to outside.

I'm using Cragar Soft 8 wheels from Summit Racing, 15x7, 4" backspacing. They're about $55 ea. Tires will be 215/60/15. The wheel center bore is bigger than the Kubota hub, so only the wheel bolts will hold them aligned. I'd like to stay hubcentric, but that'll be a research project for another day. The wheel bolt conical seats are just barely big enough to engage the conical holes in the wheel. I'm looking for a solution for that. A crutch for now is a flat washer, which will make itself cone-shaped when the wheel bolt is tightened.

Will let you all know how the tires look in another 800 hours.

later
kevin

Kevin I'm going to look into those wheels and as for the Bolt conical issue my dad designed a washer that would solve that problem for me. I'll take some pictures of them and pm them to you. Thanks everyone for the information.

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #12  
My front wheels are 25" while my back wheels are is 26". ... My front tires last maybe 3 months to 4 months.

Front 25 x pi = 78.5 inches circumference

Rear 26 x pi = 81.7 inches circumference

Sounds like your front tires are skidding 3 inches with every revolution.

Bruce

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #13  
Front 25 x pi = 78.5 inches circumference
Rear 26 x pi = 81.7 inches circumference
Sounds like your front tires are skidding 3 inches with every revolution.
You missed the part where he said that it is not in 4wd. As such, no skidding.

Aaron Z

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #14  
If it is 5x108MM (4.25"), look for a Volvo... That is their bolt pattern. Anything RWD and pre-1996 (ie: 100, 200, 700 or 900 series) has a 25MM offset. Anything FWD made before 2001 (ie: 850, S70, V70) or RWD made between 1996 and 1998 (ie: 960, S90, V90) has the same bolt pattern and a ~43MM offset. Any of those Volvos will have a center bore of 65.1MM.
See: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database and Conversion Guide: 5 X 108 for a good list of vehicles which take that pattern.
If the spacing is 5x114.3MM (4.5") see: Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database and Conversion Guide: 5 X 114.3 for a list of what you can get rims off of.

Aaron Z

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #15  
You missed the part where he said that it is not in 4wd. As such, no skidding.

Aaron Z

Yep. Reading too fast. Thought he was in 4wd.

Bruce

PS-Could it have a malfunction so it is in 4wd even though the control is in 2wd?

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #16  
Yep. Reading too fast. Thought he was in 4wd.
No harm done...
PS-Could it have a malfunction so it is in 4wd even though the control is in 2wd?
Could be. Probably not though as with that much difference in tire sizes you would notice it.

Aaron Z

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #17  
In these pics the HD front springs were still installed. In the 2nd pic you can see how my original tires were wearing.

2012080614_28_58-vi.jpg

2012080614_29_06-vi.jpg

2012080614_29_23-vi.jpg

2012080614_28_48-vi.jpg

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #18  
Any of those Volvos will have a center bore of 65.1MM.
Aaron Z

Which is too small for a Kubota, according to the measurements on the previous page. Just sayin'

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #19  
I still have the same question, have you checked your toe-in, if it's toed in it will scrub the outside of the tires off also. I can see that the tires are out at the top, but toe-in will make it wear a lot sooner.

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #20  
Milkman--

Do you see bad camber on the camo RTV or the blue one? The blue one is mine, and it definitely has (had) a camber problem. The camo one belongs to the OP (jpinkston70) and I can't see a camber problem in his pic.

So I agree he needs to check his toe. He should be able to get several thousand miles out of HDWS tires (though he has ATV tires now) on pavement with good alignment. With my bad camber, I still got 900 hours (~2500+ mi) on pavement before I went thru the cords.

kevin