Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #21  
Milkman--

Do you see bad camber on the camo RTV or the blue one? The blue one is mine, and it definitely has (had) a camber problem. The camo one belongs to the OP (jpinkston70) and I can't see a camber problem in his pic.

So I agree he needs to check his toe. He should be able to get several thousand miles out of HDWS tires (though he has ATV tires now) on pavement with good alignment. With my bad camber, I still got 900 hours (~2500+ mi) on pavement before I went thru the cords.

kevin

I can see the positive camber in your second photo, is that before or after the fix? It's hard to tell from photos, so if taken from floor level, they would probably look different. The old VWs had a lot of camber in the rear wheels and they still got a lot of miles on the tires.

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #23  
My photo is from before changing springs. Camber was definitely way out. With stock springs they're fine and tire wear is normal.

That said, running lots of miles on pavement, HDWS tires wear out an an uneconomical rate. That's why I'm changing to car tires.

The lug bolt issue definitely must be addressed. I'm not running them until I get something that will seat properly in the bolt hole in the wheel.

kevin

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #24  
I checked all the usual industrial suply houses (McMaster, Fastenall, Grainger, etc) and a mess of auto part and hardware suppliers but could not find 7/16-20 double-ended studs so I can convert to wheel studs and nuts. That's what I really wanted. Couldn't find wheel bolts in 7/16-20. Talked to my machinist about making conical spacers to use on a plain bolt, and he said making studs would be easier for him and would give me what I want. So that's what we're gonna do. Then I can use regular lug nuts.

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #25  
Couldn't find wheel bolts in 7/16-20.

Summit Racing (summitracing.com) has them. Not sure if they are the right length for your application, though.

In the past, I have converted to studs by threading bolts through from the back side of the hub. Again, I don't know if that will work for your application.

If all else fails, 7/16-20 is available in threaded rod.

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #26  
Summit was one of the first places I looked, and I just looked again. If they have a 7/16-20 wheel bolt, please post the link.

I didn't think about threading bolts in from the back. I'll check that out.

thanks!
kevin

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #27  
Summit was one of the first places I looked, and I just looked again. If they have a 7/16-20 wheel bolt, please post the link.

I didn't think about threading bolts in from the back. I'll check that out.

thanks!
kevin

My mistake, They don't have 7/16-20 in wheel bolts. I thought they did.

Sorry about that.

Misfire

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #28  
vfr700f2,

Try a search on ebay for item # 290385803292. Might be what your looking for.

artvan

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #29  
Hi Artvan! Don't know how I didn't see your reply. Those look like the same bolts I got, but by the time my Kubota dealer found them, bought them and sold them to me, I paid a lot more than that. Though an RTV900 needs 20 bolts and that auction is for 16.

Anyway, I did get bolts and got the wheels/tires on the first of my RTVs. My bolts came from Essex Mfg, Essex Contact Page but they're not on the webpage. Essex sells wheel conversion packages of their own, with wheels and tires (and bolts, I assume).

My wheels/tires/bolts fit great. As I think I mentioned above, 15x7 wheels with 3" backspace seemed likely to stick out too far. I switched to 4" backspace and they work fine. Possibly 3.5" backspace would be great but there aren't as many wheels to choose from in that size.

My HDWS tires lasted about 800 hours on pavement. I'll let y'all know how my new Sumitomo HTR4s look in 3 months when I have 800 hours on those. I hope to see 2400+ hours of total life from them.

later
kevin

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100
Alright I finally have an update. I went and bought those rims that you have Kevin, except I went with a 15x8 ( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-85-5865/ ) with a 3.75 inch backspacing giving me a little wider footprint. I went with a Falken ZIEX ZE-912 215/60/R15 tire. I have to say it rides much smoother now. There's no scrubbing when I turn either. My rear driver side tire wobbles and I believe it is from when I was playing on ice and ran into a creek bank. So that will be my next fix. Found out someone makes a hub centric (correct my spelling) thing, I haven't looked for any yet but summit racing might have them. I'm going to install the studs and lug nuts today. Thank ya'll for all the feedback.
IMG_20120822_185338.jpg