Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100
I know this is off thread but K&N makes an air filter for RTV's ( E-4961 - K&N Replacement Filters, Replacement Industrial Air Filter direct from K&N ). Have ya'll used one? I think they would be good since you can clean it and reuse it several times saving you money. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to use in a really dusty area unless you have the pre-filter. Wonder if there is a way to make a cold air intake and would it improve performance?

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #32  
You got studs & nuts???!!! What'd you get??

You'll find some good amateur studies showing the K&N's increased flow comes at the cost of reduced filtration. A prefilter could help. I think a snorkel at roof height would be cool. The Cummins Dodge community has had good results with a home-made filter setup using the biggest paper filter that can fit under the hood, either without an airbox at all, or with home-made heat shields. Point being, a huge paper filter may outflow _and_ outfilter a stock-size K&N. And it's cheap too.

Last edited:
   / Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #33  
Ok I’m going to chime in here! LOL!!! I’m jpinkston70 dad. It just so happened that I had 22 stainless steel studs 7/16 20 .750 thread on both ends and about .500 land in the middle. So I cut the threads on one end down to .625 length and ran a die on the other end to reduce the land to about .125. I’ve put them in the mail and he should be getting them soon, till then he is using washers that I made for him. For those I used 7/8x1/8with 7/16 hole washers, then made a punch and die on 60’ and using a 25 ton press formed them to make conical (?) and then ran a reamer back thru them to open the hole back up. After doing all this I found this place site.
Double-End Studs Ended Studs X 7/16
Look at their part number BD 1470 I think they should work. If anyone order them post back and let us know.
Hope this helps.

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #34  
Cool, thanks! The BD1470 looks pretty close. I'd expect to cut some additional threads from the long end of the thread into the unthreaded area, maybe a tenth or so, and possibly trim a tenth or two off the short end of the threads, but I think they're the closet thing I've seen so far. I wish I'd seen these a few weeks ago... I requested a price quote. Will post the result.

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #35  
My HDWS tires lasted about 800 hours on pavement. I'll let y'all know how my new Sumitomo HTR4s look in 3 months when I have 800 hours on those. I hope to see 2400+ hours of total life from them.

I'm about ready to replace a couple of tires. Even with standard springs, I still have a little positive camber and have worn out the outer 1/3 of the front tires while still having a good bit of usable tread on the inner 1/3. I didn't actually check the hourmeter, but its probably around 3000. Rear tires still have a ton of life left.

So I'm going to elongate the bolt holes and the center hole where the top strut mount meets the frame so I can adjust the camber. We'll see how it goes...

later
kevin

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #36  
RTV900 camber 002_1.JPGI checked my low hour rtv900 for camber and found a small amount of positive camber. The lower part of the wheel is about 1/8 to 3/16 closer to the vehicles centerline than the top of the wheel. Measurements were taken on a level smooth surface using a level against the wheel and not the tire.

/ Trailer or Car wheels for Kubota RTV 1100 #37  
On dirt or grass, you'll probably never have a problem. Even on pavement it took 800-1200 hours for me to wipe out a set of tires, and I imagine most users will never see that many hours.

I have to confess, on the unit that wore out my car tires first, although the camber was a visible problem and the tires had heavy wear on the outside and much less on the inside, it turns out it had a bunch of toe-in too, so I'm hoping the tires last a lot longer. I have not yet done anything about the camber.

Torture test update: On 4 RTV900s, with 4000+ hours of towing on each, I have replaced one transmission (under warranty), one shift cable and internal shift fork, a couple of oil hoses (warranty), a couple of temp gauges (warranty), a couple of fuel caps and maybe a fuel gauge. Oh, and a door, but that was crash damage. These are tough little vehicles!

kevin