My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO

/ My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO #1  

PapaPerk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500
Purchased a new wheeler a couple days ago. After researching all the UTVs available my choice was the Ranger 400.

I have limited run time on it so the verdict is still out. I plan to post my experience with the machine as time goes on.

It's a very functional rig and bridges between work and recreation very well. The 29 hp liquid cooled engine really moves it out. And the suspension is awesome. Also the unlocking rear
diff was a must.

The biggest selling point of the vehicle was price. $7700 out the door.

We'll see how it performs over the long haul!

Attachments

• image-2349149638.jpg
    image-2349149638.jpg
    697.9 KB · Views: 2,941
  • image-279904676.jpg
    image-279904676.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 1,099
   / My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO #2  
Nice looking machine....I like the size of it...should be nice and nimble when you want to cruise down the trails. Let us know how it goes for you as you get more hours on it. :thumbsup:

/ My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO
DIXIEDOG said:
Nice looking machine....I like the size of it...should be nice and nimble when you want to cruise down the trails. Let us know how it goes for you as you get more hours on it. :thumbsup:

Thank u. I like the machine. It's a perfect size. No need to be any larger for my use. It really performs well with fast top speed but also can poke around for work. The suspension really soaks the bumps!

/ My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO #4  
Congrats on your new rig. I looked really hard at the rangers before I bought my Sportsmens. If they were legal to ride on the road between trails where I live I would have bought one. Craig

/ My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO #5  
I purchased a Polaris 500 efi Ranger in April of this year. So far I have put almost 400 miles on it hauling wood, chainsaws and everything else you can imagine. I have owned a Honda 300, Honda450 ES and a Honda Rubicon. As I got older I enjoy the luxury of throwing stuff in the dump bed instead of strapping stuff down all the time. I miss the engine braking I had with my Honda ATV's but the ride and convienience of the UTV outweighs all that. I never thought I would buy a Polaris because of all the bullet proof Hondas I have owned but didn't like Hondas UTV. THe suspension and ride is incredible on the polaris and with the windshield I put on I won't have to worry about my hands and face freezing in the winter. As for Duability. We shall see..

Attachments

• 2012-07-11_19-25-28_807.jpg
    2012-07-11_19-25-28_807.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 1,029
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,059
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 1,126
I purchased a Polaris 500 efi Ranger in April of this year. So far I have put almost 400 miles on it hauling wood, chainsaws and everything else you can imagine. I have owned a Honda 300, Honda450 ES and a Honda Rubicon. As I got older I enjoy the luxury of throwing stuff in the dump bed instead of strapping stuff down all the time. I miss the engine braking I had with my Honda ATV's but the ride and convienience of the UTV outweighs all that. I never thought I would buy a Polaris because of all the bullet proof Hondas I have owned but didn't like Hondas UTV. THe suspension and ride is incredible on the polaris and with the windshield I put on I won't have to worry about my hands and face freezing in the winter. As for Duability. We shall see..

I hear ya on going from Honda to Polaris. Honda is king in my book! But their Big Red UTV is not for me. It's too big! I think Polaris has hit the nail on the head with the midsize UTV's. They are the perfect size. The standard size ranger, gators, etc are just too large for many people... not to mention a large price tag!

Good to hear you have 400 miles on yours. Sounds like you are enjoying it. We have the same tastes... I have a Kubota L3830 with LA723 loader. LOL.

/ My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO #8  
Congrats. I have the 400 HO ATV version and love it.

/ My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO #10  
Congrats. I also have the atv version and love it. That ranger will fit in the back of a truck too.